Lonely Planet author and long-time Beijing resident Daniel McCrohan is passionate about Beijing. He knows the city like the back of his hand and loves nothing more than helping others discover its gems. We've helped him create this unique App to get people off the usual tourist trail and into the heart of true Beijing. Luckily for those on a budget, that’s the bit that doesn’t cost much money!
Use this App to:
* eat with the locals using our unique menu-decoders
* find back-alley bars and live-music venues that aren't in your guidebook
* buy discount vouchers for top city sights
* get to the Great Wall by bus!
But what if I can't speak Chinese?
Don't worry. This App includes:
* Chinese characters for all names and addresses
* photos of those tough-to-find places that only have Chinese signage
* special menu decoders (did we mention them?) that have been specifically compiled for each restaurant that doesn't have an English menu.
What's else is inside?
* Step-by-step instructions guiding you to Beijing's hidden gems, including a fabulously remote part of the Great Wall that other tourists simply don't know about.
* Online maps
* Search by price, location or category.. to find exactly want you want.
* MORE than 1000 original photos taken specifically for this App.
* MORE than 180 expert reviews, including off-beat bars, locals-only restaurants, quirky museums and Beijing's very best parks.
* MORE genuine money-saving tips than other Beijing Apps, including details on discounts, passes, travel cards and how to buy or rent cheap bicycles.
★ About the Author ★
Daniel is a highly experienced travel writer and China expert who fell in love with Beijing in 2005 and has called it his home ever since. He lives with his wife and two children in one of Beijing's historic 'hutong' alleyways and loves nothing more than cycling around the city's narrow lanes - on his rusty old Flying Pigeon bicycle - in search of Beijing's lesser-known treasures.
Daniel has written around a dozen Lonely Planet guidebooks, including Lonely Planet China and Discover China, and is a regular contributor to BBC Travel, lonelyplanet.com and World Travel Guide.
In television, Daniel has hosted a number of episodes of Lonely Planet's travel series Best in China, including most of the Beijing-based episodes. He also worked as a research consultant on the upcoming China series of the travel show Six Degrees.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Tags: beijing on a budget