An insider's travel guide for newcomers and visitors who want to explore Colorado, experience the best of Denver, easily visit nearby towns and see the Rockies. If you are visiting or new to Denver and have a few hours, a day, or longer to see the city's highlights, visit nearby towns or go high-country exploring, this easy to navigate Colorado & Denver Day Trips Travel Guide gives you the knowledge of a personal tour guide. The authors are an award-winning writer and her husband who have lived in the Colorado Rockies just 35 minutes from downtown Denver for more than 20 years.
Where can you take a panoramic drive up a 14,000-foot-high mountain? Which are the most entertaining museums in Denver? Why is strolling on Boulder's Pearl Street Mall so much fun? Colorado & Denver Day Trips Travel Guide has these answers and more. It's full of ideas, pictures and videos showing things to do and places to visit, along with GPS maps and the details you need to find and enjoy these places and experiences. It includes things to do right in the city, half-day trips with a car or using public transportation, all-day outings and overnights in mountain towns.
We guide you to nearby Boulder and Golden (home to Coors Brewery), on scenic mountain drives, to resort towns including Vail, to the old mining towns of Idaho Springs and Leadville, and so much more. We introduce you to jogging and biking trails, golf, skiing, river rafting and wildlife viewing. We provide information on car rentals, buses and light rail. You’ll find our personal recommendations for restaurants (with prices), and accommodations if you decide to spend a few days exploring Colorado.
• An easy-to-follow guide with internal and external links to web sites
• Directions and interactive GPS maps
• Towns and attractions for adults and children to visit throughout the year
• Designations of places serviced by public transportation
• Car trips, jogging trails, hikes, golf, skiing and other activities
• Photos and videos of some of the most beautiful scenery on earth
• Price guides for restaurants and attractions
• Hours, addresses, phone numbers and web sites with tap-on direct links
• Recommended places to stay for nights away from Denver
• Recommended opportunities to gamble in old mining towns, visit gold mines, explore mountain towns, drive up to 14,000-foot-high mountain tops, check out museums and parks, see wildlife, drive some of the highest roads in the country, hit a golf ball in thin air, fish in pristine streams, or hike and mountain bike on forest trails.
★ About the Author ★
Lois and Richard Friedland live in the foothills of Colorado's Rocky Mountains but only 35 minutes from downtown Denver. They have traveled the State of Colorado, visited the towns and areas listed in this app, skied the mountains, played the golf courses and eaten in the restaurants.
Lois is an award-winning freelance journalist who specializes in travel, skiing and golf. She is About.com's Adventure Travel Guide (www.adventuretravel.about.com) and a coauthor of Frommer's 500 Adrenaline Adventures guidebook.
Richard is an avid outdoorsman who particularly enjoys skiing, golf and tramping through the woods. He has a passion for the arts and is rarely without a camera.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com