Distance to Here is a simple Android application to calculate the distance between two locations and the estimated travel time by one of the following methods: driving, walking, or straight line distance.
Useful for Mileage calculation.
- Acceptable inputs are any Google aware location, address, city, state, zip, country, etc. The address fields will auto-complete and offer suggestions as you type.
- If it is not possible to get there by the selected method, the app will let you know by presenting a message. The result can be displayed in either miles or km depending on your preference.
- There is also a button in the app to launch Google Maps with the selected origin and destinations and get directions. This feature is only enabled in the paid version of the app. ***
- New to version 1.5, a get current location button! For those of you who occasionally find yourself ‘temporarily misplaced’ (lost), this feature will pin point where you are! To save the life of your battery, if your location is not returned to the app within 15 seconds, the request for your location will time out. This feature is heavily dependent on the user/device location and/or network availability.
NEW to version 2
- Added a settings feature to enable/disable last used settings upon exit (Menu-> settings)
- Ability to switch to a Dark theme in settings
- Interface tweaks (new icons, modified button layout)
- ICS/Jellybean users will use the built-in Holo theme by default
- Linear distance calculation! This is a euclidean distance calculation to calculate the straight line distance between 2 points.
New to version 3:
You can now store historical information. Useful for mileage reporting. (Accessible via: Menu -> History) *Note: only the most recent record stored in the free version.
*** The ad-free version of Distance to Here can be found here:
I would like to keep the app as simple as possible, however this is my first app so any suggestions on improvements would be most welcome. Thanks!
Tags: distance to here