Stay connected with family and friends and interact with GEOS, the 24-hour emergency monitoring center anywhere on Earth. Plus, you’ll receive confirmation when your messages are delivered. You can also post messages to Facebook and Twitter and let others track your breadcrumb trail online.
As an inReach owner, you also have exclusive access to download unlimited detailed topographic maps from DeLorme available through the Earthmate app. The maps are cached on your mobile device, so they are viewable even when out of cellular coverage. The display integrates with your mobile device’s GPS signal to pinpoint your location.
For worry-free navigation, the inReach GPS signal (accurate to +/- 5 meters) is integrated with the map displays. Since navigation doesn’t rely on the mobile device’s native GPS, there is less demand on its battery, which can be especially important in remote areas.
NOTE: An inReach satellite communicator is required to use Earthmate and download maps. Maps should be downloaded via a WiFi connection prior to leaving on a trip. DeLorme’s global topographic maps include elevation contours, land cover, highways, streets and back roads, lakes and streams, places of interest, and trails.
• Send and receive 160-character, free-form text messages to and from any cell phone number, email address, and other inReach users. No cell coverage required!
• Interactive SOS - Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with our 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way text messaging to describe the nature of your emergency and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
• Message delivery confirmation - Audible alerts and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
• Unlimited access to download detailed topographic maps and North American NOAA charts when paired with your mobile device. Unlike streaming maps on most cell phone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
• Follow-me/find-me tracking - Turn on and turn off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family, tracking intervals can be configured between to minutes and four hours.
• 100% global satellite coverage through the Iridium satellite network with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
For answers to common support questions: http://support.delorme.com/search.php?q=android
To contact support:
Tags: earthmate apk, earthmate app, earthmate, eartmateapk, delorme apk inreach, how to reset delorme inreach, earthmate apk delorme, delorme earthmate apk, inreach for smartphones new zealand topo maps, earthmateapk.
- Fixed issue where ft/s was being shown for speed when using metric system measurements
- Remaining character count when typing a new message will now be correct
- Received messages read on an inReach SE will show as read when they transfer to a paired device
10/29/13: New Features:
- Increased topographic map font size for most devices.