50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By AitBit Labs
If YES, “Fare Meter” is for you.
Fare Meter lets you find and compare fares between any two locations for different service providers. It uses GPS/ Wi-Fi/ Mobile networks to identify your current location so that you don’t have to input it every time you check for fares to any destination. The app is integrated with Google Maps and shows the route that you would be taking. You can also share your current location and fare information with your friends over Facebook/Gmail/Twitter.
The application comes configured with tariff presets for 17 cities in India. It also allows you to add your own services or tariff presets or edit existing ones to update fares, if they change. Which means this app can be used anywhere.
Below is the complete list of features available:
1.Calculate fares between two places without traveling
2.Full support to configure your own services
3.Call service providers directly from app
5.Share fare information with friends over Facebook/Gmail/Twitter
6.Share your exact GPS location with friends from the home screen. Can be used if you want to be picked.
7.Distance in Miles and Kilometers
8.Support for multiple currencies
9.Round Up calculations
10.Export services as XML and email it to friends
11.Import services from the XML by placing it in the root of the SD card
12.Move to SD card
In Addition, it has a GPS Meter Mode that has all features of a physical Meter that you find in the Cab or an Auto rick. This mode allows calculation of fare in real-time while you are traveling – just like a physical meter.
The following features are available in GPS Meter mode:
3.Time taken since start of trip
4.Speedometer: Speed at which you are traveling
5.From location where you started the trip
6.Your current location
7.Wait time calculation based on Changeover speed (takes care of slow moving traffic)
8.Switch fares mid-run. This is helpful if your ride is going out of town and you need to apply a new tariff.
9.GPS on/off indicator
Presets available for the following cities:
NOTE: IF YOUR CITY IS NOT LISTED, YOU NEED TO ADD YOUR CITY TO CALCULATE FARES
Trial version also available.
Please let us know what you think of this app and how we can improve it.
* v 1.2.0
- Added Export/Import of services: Export all services as xml from settings screen and email it to other users. Users who want to import the xml need to copy it to the root of their phone's SD card. Once copied, they can import the file from the settings screen of the app.
- Switch to a different service while running the GPS Meter. This is useful when you are traveling between cities that have different rates.
* v 1.1.4
- Added Saudi Riyal to the list of supported currencies
* v 1.1.3
- Fixed issue with viewing route on map.
* v 1.1.2
- Fixed recent issue with calculating fares between locations.
* v 1.1.1
- Added support for calculating wait time. Users need to update the services under the cities section with the respective waiting charges.
Tags: meter fare.
Recently changed in this version:
* v 1.2.5 (01-28-2013)
- Added support for Android 4.2
- Services/Tariff presets can be downloaded for available localities.
- GPS Meter: Calculate fare for any service and any locality. No dependency on detected location.
- Calculate fare for multiple services and multiple localities without modifying search criteria.
- Auto enable compatibility mode for larger screens to give a consistent look.
- Added change log.
- Many bug fixes