There's no need to spend your life savings to enjoy Paris. Visiting Notre Dame? Skip the overpriced tourist cafés and picnic by the Seine. Interested in Parisian history? Visit the gorgeous Musée Carnavalet - it's free. Serious about gourmet travel? This app lists Paris' best bakeries, traditional cafés and hip new bistros - all near major landmarks. Like action? How about Friday-night rollerblading through the streets - that's free too! Music? Find out which Gothic churches (or indie clubs) hold free concerts.
This app is a summary of the best deals in Paris, updated regularly and published the morning after.
- Navigate by easy-to-recognize landmarks
- Plan a picnic: from gourmet markets and award-winning bakeries to the perfect patch of grass near you
- Experience the French joie de vivre - corner wine bars and decadent prix fixe lunches
- Find your location on the map
- Get online using the list of personally tested Wifi hotspots
- Plan ahead and browse over 600 photos
- Sort by sights that are free for everyone, free for under 26s (EU citizens), or free the first Sunday of the month
★ About the Author ★
Christopher Pitts has lived in Paris since 2001. He first started writing about the city as a means to buy baguettes - and to impress a certain Parisian (it worked, they're now married with two kids).
One of the coauthors of Lonely Planet Paris, over the past decade he has also written for National Geographic Traveler, the BBC, Fodor's, GQ, Bonjourparis, and Rough Guides. Visit his website at www.christopherpitts.net.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Tags: free and frugal paris