100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Whereis own update map database
- Well-crafted graphics
- Keeps tracking when calling or texting
- 7-days trial premium features
- Requires connecting to Telstra Network (free)
First off, you should know that Garmin Navigator requires the Telstra NextG network to run. This means that you can’t use your own 3G or WiFi connection to run it. It connects you to that network with no data charges.
It can seem that Google and its navigator is the only way to get driving directions on our Android. However, there are lots of developers that have been working hard on GPS market for a long time. Whereis is one of them. With Garmin Navigator they bring their knowledge of the market to the Android platform.
Garmin Navigator allows users to get accurate driving and walking directions that track progress on maps. Maps that are updated constantly from Whereis database. Although interface can seem weird at first sight (if you’re used to GMaps), Gamin’s scenery really helps navigation. If you receive a call while navigating it keeps tracking your route.
This free version is, in addition, a 7-days trial of premium features like voice-guided Garmin navigation, 3D junction views with lane guidance, multi-route trip and even live traffic updates (among other many other).
Despite its pricing for premium features and its Telstra network policy, Garmin Navigator is one of the best GPS apps you can find on the market. Recommendable.
FREE features include:
- Driving and walking directions that track progress on a map
- Always up-to-date maps for Australia with millions of included points of interest
- Navigate to addresses in your Contacts
- Continues navigating while you make and receive calls, etc.
- No data charges after downloading the app if you’re on the Telstra network and no ads
- Experience premium features for the first 7 days for free with no obligation to subscribe
Premium features (see Pricing below):
- Arrive at your destination with ease, with accurate turn-by-turn voice-guided Garmin navigation
- 3D junction views with lane guidance
- Multi-route trip planner and via points to add stops while en route
- Aussie pronunciation of instructions and street names
- Live traffic updates, flight information and detour button to get around roadblocks and congestion
- Petrol prices for nearby petrol stations
- Speed camera and red light camera alerts
- Speed limits for most major roads, with speed limit warnings and Estimated Time of Arrival display
- Check in to Facebook® and Foursquare® on arrival and explore your city with integrated Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations (data charges apply)
- 3D buildings and landmarks to aid navigation
- Avoid tolls, unpaved roads, highways, and major traffic events
- Personalised navigation with free voices and vehicles from the Garmin Garage
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation with train, tram and ferry routes in capital cities
Subscribe in-app to premium feature offers exclusive to Telstra Next G® customers:
• 24 hour pass ($1.95)
• Monthly subscription ($7.95), first month FREE for new customers
• 12 month pass ($69.95), save over 25% versus 12 x monthly payments
Post-Paid customer charges are included on your Telstra bill. Pre-Paid customer charges are deducted from your account balance.
Terms & Conditions can be found here: http://telstra.com.au/customerterms/home_mobile_dataserv.htm.
Data charges may apply for downloads from App Store, and when using Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations.
Your subscription to this service will continue automatically unless you cancel it by selecting My Account from General Settings, pressing the manage button, and cancelling your renewing subscription. You will continue to have access until the renewal/expiry date.
Please note that restrictions on driver use, including specific restrictions on L and P plate drivers, exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a registered trade mark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Foursquare is a trademark of Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Recently changed in this version:
Version 8.0.1 includes the following improvements over 7.5.4:
-Google Places search – enter or paste-in any location, and find it fast
-Map Buttons are configurable – customize for quick access to your favourite features
-My Account moved to Main Menu – access subscription options easily
-New Foursquare tabs – explore and access trending and specials
-Zooming is smoother and minimizes the temporary greyed area
Last activity on Garmin Navigator
Lists with: Garmin Navigator
Comments and ratings for Garmin Navigator
Unstable, force close errors, wish I could remove it from my phone altogether
It's not the app its the gps location. So in some states or town can not be located. Or updated due to a American gps satt.
Program works ok, but it would be great if there were some widgets for it!
Why not let me choose what apps are on my phone. I would rather use google maps or even navagon before this crap. Paying for voice guidance, lol. Attempting to uninstall.