GPS Logger for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Mendhak
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts - used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Activity recognition - to recognize when phone is still and to pause logging
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
Tags: gps log, gps logging, best gps logger, gpslogger, gps recorder, log gps, gpsロガー, gps logger, 안드로이드 gps logger, gps logger andorid.
* You can set your own altitude offset in Performance menu
* You can also have altitude based on mean sea level instead of WGS84
* Turned activity recognition off by default, you can re-enable in Performance menu
* You should now be able to log from USB port with external devices (Mock location permissions)
* Trust self signed certificates when sending to your own mail servers