*** Reduced price for Fall purchases ***
Harbor Finder is a mapping application for boaters that runs on Android phones.
Harbor Finder helps boaters plan and track their outing using NOAA's most up to date nautical charts and data from the national weather service. The application sports a map view that allows users to see their current location via GPS, track their location over time, plan routes, place markers, and view various weather data. In addition, HarborFinder allows a user to download whole regions of NOAA charts to their device so that it can be used offline.
NOAA publishes updates to its nautical charts on a weekly basis. These updates include changes to obstructions, bathymetry, navigational aids and other notices. A judicious mariner will update his charts regularly. The Harbor Finder server pulls the latest charts from NOAA as soon as they are available, and makes them available to the HarborFinder Android client. With internet access, your device will always grab the latest charts. If you choose to conserve battery power and use your device without an internet connection, you may download an entire region of charts. Region files on the server are updated weekly but it is at the user's discretion to determine when or how often to update downloaded regions.
* View all of NOAA's raster nautical charts with satellite imagery and road overlays
* Speed up loading time and lengthen your battery life by downloading entire regions of charts and take them with you as you go.
* Place markers for your favorite places, moorings, or anchorages. View your distance, bearing, and ETA to those markers.
* View tides and tidal forecasts while planning your trip, before anchoring or entering a harbor or canal
* Set up, save, and load routes. Each segment in a route shows its heading and length as it should on a plotting sheet.
* View your GPS track and keep your GPS sensor active even while the phone's screen is off or when the application is not in the foreground.
* Using your device's GPS sensor, navigate by a route. The system determines which segment you are on and directs you to the next waypoint based on your location.
* Use track-up orientation so that the display is oriented in the direction of travel.
* View current radar conditions directly from the National Weather Service on the face of the map
* View a weather forecast for any location on the map
keywords: harbor, finder, nautical, charts, NOAA, navigate, navigation, boating, boats, sailing, racing, weather, radar, buoy, marker, waypoint, route, routing, gps, deep sea, offline access
Tags: harborfinder , habor finder , harbor finder
from 7 reviews