Topographic maps 1:50.000 for Dominican Republic and Haiti
Easy to use outdoor and offline navigation app with 1:50.000 seamless topographic maps of Hispaniola island.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Free bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (not for Google and Bing maps)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX/KML/KMZ - Import/Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• See your location with UTM coordinates
• Tablet optimized layouts
• and many more ...
Available map layers:
• Topographic maps 1:50.000 and 1:250.000 with seamless coverage for complete Hispaniola Island (Dominican Republic and Haiti).
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google or Bing maps
On the 1:50.000 maps you'll find many small roads, pathes and 4WD tracks that are not included in Google, Bing or OpenStreetMaps. The topo maps have a very detailed topography with contour lines. There is no other online mapping service/app available that gives you more detailed geographic features like rivers, lakes, hills, vegetation, villages, etc. for this region.
The topo maps layer is a seamless mosaic of more than 200 georeferenced maps. Although some of the maps are quite old (production range of the maps is 1966 - 2002) they are still very good for outdoor trips, especially if you are looking adventurous routes or abandoned places. Most maps of the Dominican Republic were created in the late 80ies. Within the app you can open an overview map with the publishing dates of the maps.
In larger cities you'll find it more usefull to switch to Google or OSM maps but in the backcountry you will recognize the relevance of large scale topographic maps.
The 1:250.000 maps are JOGs (Joint Operations Graphic) which represent a medium scale map intended as both a topographic and an aeronautical chart.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service.
The topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis® hillshading and placenames.
Original publisher of the 1:50.000 topo maps : United States NGA (National Geospatial-Intelligence), NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency), DMA (Defense Mapping Agency)
Original publisher of the 1:250.000 topo maps: US NGA/NIMA JOG (Joint Operations Graphics)
Please send comments and feature requests to email@example.com
Tags: topo maps , carte topografiche di una città , maps militares gratis de españa original , dominican republic topographic map , topo españa , carte topographique republique dominicaine , mapas topograficos españa 2013 , topographie hispaniola , dominican republic map magellan
from 8 reviews