Eureka! You’ve found an app that will share the fascinating history of the California Gold Rush as experienced at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park.
The Marshall Gold App is a wonderful way to explore this historic state park. Enjoy a self-guided tour to numerous sites around the park. This app allows you to view pictures and videos, and get in-depth information on historical buildings and the people who lived in Coloma. In the palm of your hand, you will be able to take a step back in time and imagine Coloma during the Gold Rush Days. Take a look inside the historical buildings that replicate the original town of Coloma. View videos of “first-hand accounts” of James Marshall and other Gold Rush historical figures. Read fascinating details and enjoy pictures of the sites that changed the history of California, when the world rushed in.
As you embark on your self-paced tour, you will enjoy the following features:
- Full color tour videos and images that share history, culture, and detailed information about what you are seeing.
- Interactive, zoomable GPS maps that indicate your current location and all the included points of interest on the tour, referred to as POI’S.
- Location based tour stop triggering: as you explore the Park, a dynamic list of tour stops nearest your location will continually refresh.
- Pause, play, fast-forward and rewind through any tour segment with ease.
- Local places to eat and other fun activities in the area.
Our app has an easy interface that enables you to quickly download the app and be enjoying the sights within minutes!
Welcome to Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park!
Tags: marshall gold site , marshall gold , marshallgold.org , shp