Maui Road to Hana
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Maui Road to Hana is THE GPS based, audio-enhanced guide that ensures you will never miss a site on this incredible journey.
Maui’s Road to Hana
Sure, any number of books can tell you approximately how to find a place. But, since many of the interesting sites on the Hana Highway have no signs, these books use “mile markers”. This means that you have to look at the side of the road for these signs, while driving on a slow, winding, and unfamiliar highway. How fun is that?
With Maui Road to Hana, you receive audio notifications before you come to a site. Then when you arrive, a display pops up with a picture of the place. You get to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Hana Highway, and Maui Road to Hana does the rest.
Maui Road to Hana does not require a cell phone connection for our notifications to alert you. That’s a good thing, too, because for much of the drive your reception will be spotty at best.
Here are just two of the over 40 places that Maui Road to Hana contains:
- The Charles Lindbergh grave. Our guide alerts you not only to the church in which the grave is located, but also to the turnoff for the side road that takes you there.
- Alelele Falls. This little-known section of Haleakala National Park is a great place for a short hike and a dip in an uncrowded pool. Maui Road to Hana guide leads you right to the spot.
Maui Road to Hana features:
* Over 100 photographs
* Over 40 Hana Highway sites, including waterfalls, hikes, markets, and beaches
* Road turnoff and hazard notifications
* Custom computer voice algorithm for improved Hawaiian name pronunciation
* Automatic prompt for voice navigation to the preferred first stop of your trip.
Save Your Favorites
You can pin your favorite Maui Road to Hana stops for easy, one-touch access.
Search Maui Road to Hana
Search for information by using the search key on your phone.
A Note about Offline Maps
Maui Road to Hana audio visual notifications work as long as you have a GPS satellite connection. Cell connection is not required for this. Our app is designed to give you hands free assistance.
The Google Map displayed does require a cell connection. If you want to have a map to accompany you when you have no cell connection, we suggest you do as our reviewers recommend, and download an offline map into the Google Maps Android app itself.
Happy and safe driving to you!
Tags: road to hana, road to hana application.
2012.8.18 Approach signal now adjusted by driving speed.
2012.08.16 Improved GPS Guide buttons.
2012.08.15 Improved User Interface. Fix for reported crash.
Update to support Maui Beaches purchase through the Store.