Metro de Madrid Official
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Very simple and easy to use
- Available in Spanish, English, French, German and Mandarin
- Up-to-date info, easily accesible
- Can't purchase tickets through app
Plan your route around Madrid and get up-to-date info about the metro
Metro de Madrid Official is the official app for the Madrid metro network. This bright and colorful guide is a quick and easy way of planning your route around the city, and getting general metro information.
In just a few taps, you can check your quickest route. Filter by your location (street or station), date, time and type (fastest, fewest changes etc) to get the most accurate results.
You can check which stations are on which lines, and there’s a preloaded, up-to-date metro map, along with a tourist map highlighting the main point of interest in the city.
There is general ticketing and pricing info, along with opening hours etc. But sadly, you can’t make any purchases through the app. Simple and straight forward to use, a basic tool for any local or tourist.Developer's original description available here
It is an application for simple immediate use that will enable you to consult:
Up-to-date map of the whole Metro network.
Map with the main points of tourist interest in the city.
You will have at your disposal all the information on the lines, with transfers and station services, besides the current train running situation in real time.
All the Services and Connections of the station you select.
It locates us by GPS and provides us with information on the station nearest to where we are, allowing us to choose a destination station or the station closest to the chosen destination, besides recommending the most suitable route with the fewest stations or with the fewest transfers. In addition, it tells you the approximate journey time.
It also enables you to plan your journeys by directly entering a Start and Destination station, allowing you to select either the fewest stations or fewest transfers option and telling you how long this journey will take you.
It allows you to consult Season Tickets, Fares and Timetables, as well as Contact Information.
We have made a number of improvements in this version:
-Multi-language: you can change the language in which you want your application shown. Available in Spanish, French, English, German and Chinese.
-Price of the single ticket for the journey selected.
-It allows you to select different journey options, besides the day and time.
-Performance improvements and troubleshooting.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Jayne Deacon.
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Call somewhere with no need for the user to confirm that call. ER numbers aren't allowed, though.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 1.10 released on 07/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.9 released on 06/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.8 released on 06/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.7 released on 05/19/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.6 released on 11/17/13.
- ChangesName changed from Metro de Madrid Oficial to Metro de Madrid Official on 11/17/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 10/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.5 released on 09/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.4 released on 07/08/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 07/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.3 released on 06/22/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 02/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1 released on 01/31/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000 downloads level reached on 01/21/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 01/13/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100 downloads level reached on 01/09/13.
- NewFirst appearance on 01/03/13.
Displaying 4 of 17 - show all
Cannot calculate routes, connection problems.
Excellent - very useful app and maps work offline.
Would be great if it worked properly offline
It works a fewseconds untill it says that it is updating
Easy to use and informative. However it would be nice to have metro map interactive (search for stations and plot routes from there, not separate sections of the app). Also when route is planned it would be nice to also show direction of the line you need to go.
The routes calculator needs to have which direction of each line you need take easily displayed. Otherwise this was the only source of metro planning I used while on a 4 day visit to Madrid. Piece of cake even for someone who's never used a big city metro before.