100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Social integration
- Reviews from other real users
- Integrated translator for users' reviews
- Contact details of places
- Database is still growing
minube is a handy travel guide with users reviews and recommendations
It couldn't be easier. minube's homescreen is a live wallpaper with a search box in the middle under a simple question: "Where'd you like to go?". Input the city and start discovering worth visiting places to eat, sleep, chill out or meet up. Anything you may need when travelling to different countries is on minube.
However, one of the plus points of minube is its social integration. Besides connecting your Facebook account to the app, check-in and share location, you can post reviews about places or read users' reviews. If any of those reviews aren't in your language, you can use an integrated Drunken Translator. No more uncertainty when travelling: go straight to places you know that will match your expectations. Of course, you can see photos of that places, ratings, contact details, website, location on the map and even prices when that info is available.
minube isn't maybe the most-known mobile travel guide, but it has already a good number of reviews, lots of places and user-friendly interface. Recommendable.
Some of the features you’ll find in this app:
- Discover the best places in thousands of destinations around the world, all recommended by travellers like you! Find the best sights, restaurants, and accommodations that match your style.
- Share your travels in real time from wherever you are. It’s faster and simpler than ever to share your experiences and photos.
- Create lists featuring your favorite places by using our Saved screen. Or, get collaborative and invite your friends to add to your lists and create your own city or travel guides together! For example, “My Favorite Pizza Joints” if you’re staying local, or something like “The Best of Paris in 3 days” is you’re heading on a trip.
Don’t forget that you can always invite new friends to join the list, edit the content, and choose if it’s public (for everyone to see) or private (only for you and your friends).
- An Inspiration screen to help you get inspired! Whether you search by distance from home, length of trip, or even your favourite colour, the Inspiration screen will help you find exactly what you’re craving.
- Edit your profile information and change your profile photo. Don’t forget that you can visit the profiles of other travellers, see what they’re up to, and follow their travels.
When you have a new follower or an invitation to join a list, we’ll send a notification to your inbox.
- minube is social! Share your latest discoveries and lists through Facebook, Twitter, or even e-mail.
- minube goes international! The app from minube is now available in English, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. By activating our “Drunken Translator,” you can see experiences in other languages uploaded by real locals.
- Users who sign up online via Google + will be automatically logged into the app
- Error corrections (maps for Android 2.3)
- Changes to sharing with Facebook
- Settings button to deactivate notifications in the side menu
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
App is amazing could be a Google buyout. Keep it up. I'd add events. Calendar reminders.
Not enough variety or information
This app is clean and easy to use. Its probably better than having your very own personal tour guide. It really has become my favorite app on my phone. Highly recommended for avid travelers!
I traveled through 8 countries in Europe and found this app useful almost every single day.
I used this app on my trip to Morocco and it really helped a lot and I found a lot of neat stuff. I'll definitely use it again!