nogago Maps for Hiking Biking
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By nogago GmbH
Compared to Google Maps and other online map services, nogago Maps has the following benefits:
- works outside network coverage (i.e., abroad, on the plane, in the mountains, in that valley where coverage is shaky, ...)
- avoids expensive data tariffs
- gives you more usage time on your trips by consuming fewer power than online apps
- does not track you in any way
- more precise topographic information (thanks to Jonathan de Ferrantis' viewfinderpanorama elevation models).
Download offline maps conveniently and with high speed while having network coverage. You can either download maps by searching for cities that you are interested to visit or navigate on the map to an area that you want to download.
All maps, search and navigation features are also available online, in case you did not download a map yet.
Map downloads are secured and carried out in German data centers.
nogago Hiking Biking Maps & Navigation is open source and licensed under the GPL v3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html). We are happy to have additional contributors,
learn more at opensource.nogago.com
nogago Hiking Biking Maps & Navigation has been forked from OSMAND to
- improve usability, map handling and download
- focus features on pedestrian/bike scenarios
- manage and control what is transferred to which online provider
Our future plans are to
- implement your feature requests (send them to email@example.com)
- implement hillshading
Tags: navigation in map source code, nogago hiking bikind maps, nogago maps, how reliable is nogago biking map?, blog nogago, nogago maps source code, nogago sports, nogago crashes nexus, nogago navigate recorded gpx track, nogago voice navigation.
Improved Integration with Tracks, Android 4.3 support, ActionBar in MapActivity, increased icons on the map, various bug fixes