★ Victorian Architectural Walking Tour Guide ★
A story of urban revitalization within the heart of a city, this neighborhood features the largest collection of Victorian era architecture in the USA. Old Louisville, Kentucky is also the third-largest historic district in the USA, and designated by the city's Historic Landmarks and Preservation District Commission as a local Preservation District.
Historic Old Louisville Kentucky has 413 entries, each tagged to sort by homes, restaurants, B&Bs, businesses, events, parks, churches, etc. Entires can also be viewed as individual streets, or street addresses. Each entry has an original photograph, an interactive Google map showing walking or driving directions, and a description which includes:
• Street address
• Name of property (if applicable)
• Year built
• Architectural style
• Original owner and profession (when available)
• Architect (when available)
• Brief description of architectural details
• Four walking/driving tours with descriptions, directions, and maps.
• The history of the Old Louisville area back to 1850.
• The history of St. James Court.
• 743 original photos highlighting the architecture that can also be played in a slideshow.
• 30 Victorian neighborhood architectural styles and descriptions of many.
• Annual Old Louisville events with dates and locations.
• Other historic buildings in the immediate area.
• Information useful to both residents and visitors of historic Old Louisville.
You can share or comment on any entry by email, or add it a list of your favorites for viewing again later.
The descriptions and photos of Old Louisville Architectural Styles alone makes this App a valuable learning tool and handy reference for associating style names with the visual features of Late Victorian era architecture.
If you've lived here all your life or are just passing through town, if you love Old Louisville or heritage destination tourism, you'll love this App.
★ About the Author ★
A self-appointed Ambassador of Goodwill to Louisville since 1974, the author has focused his passion toward Old Louisville since 1992, and has provided assistance to the Old Louisville Chamber of Commerce, and the Old Louisville Neighborhood Council, the umbrella organization for the dozen or so neighborhood associations that make up the Old Louisville neighborhood. All original photography was shot and optimized exclusively for the iOS by the author.
Credit is given to all previous Holiday House Tour homeowners, the Old Louisville Neighborhood Council, the original Old Louisville Tour Brochure Committee and countless other neighbors for their contributions, knowledge and documentation that contributed to help create the text for this App.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org