25th Annual Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show, Half Moon Bay’s spectacular showcase of motorized mechanical marvels from throughout the 20th and 21st centuries celebrates its 25th anniversary with a mesmerizing array of more than 2,000 ultra cool antique, vintage, classic, custom and exotic machines of all kinds on display for public viewing. Automobiles ranging from hot rods, dragsters, customs, low riders, imports, street machines and muscle cars to fanciful touring, luxury, and sports cars; also exceptional vintage warbirds, classics from the 40’s and 50’s and homebuilt aircraft, tricked out trucks and motorcycles, military and SWAT vehicles, a special display of vintage police cars, world-record streamliners, model-T fire engines, antique engines and tractors, helicopter and bi-plane rides, custom bicycles, kinetic art, rolling sculptures, extreme toys, mega-modified machines, advanced “green” technology vehicles, jaw-dropping flyovers by historic military aircraft, high-flying freestyle motorcycle stunt shows, monster truck rides, remote-controlled drones and aircraft aerobatics shows, unimotorcycle drag races, dynojet dynamometer performance testing, a super-thrilling zip-line, bungee jump and tons of kid’s amusements, fabulous food and drink, and stellar live music — to benefit the Coastside Adult Day Health Center.
WHEN: Sunday, April 26, 2015. Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Half Moon Bay (CA) Airport (9850 N. Cabrillo Hwy), located on Highway 1, 5 miles north of Highway 92, 20 miles south of San Francisco.
ADMISSION: $25 for adults, $15 for ages 11-17 and 65+, and $5 for kids age 10 and under. Parking is included in the admission price.
- The west coast's biggest gathering of the world's coolest cars, trucks, motorcycles and aircraft.
- Three (3) 20-minute electrifying, high-flying 4-rider freestyle motocross stunt shows.
- Awe-inspiring flyovers by some of our nation’s most storied military aircraft.
- Remote-controlled drones and aircraft aerobatics by the Peninsula Channel Commanders.
- Magnificent military aircraft including the B-25 Bomber, C-47 Skytrain, P-51 Mustang, Hawker Seafury, YAK Russian fighters and an impressive array of T-6 and T-28 military fighters and trainers.
- Super sleek speed machines and streamliners in “World Record Wonderland”.
- A special display and parade of vintage police cars.
- "Dynojet" dynamometer engine performance testing.
- An array of nostalgia dragsters to honor the former Half Moon Bay Drag Strip.
- “Mustang Madness”, a spectacular display of America’s Premier World War II Fighter.
- Ultra thrilling rides in helicopters and bi-planes and heart-pounding monster truck rides.
- Refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association.
- Artillery cannon, ambulance and featured exhibit by the California Historic Artillery Society.
- Uniquely wild and crazy, side-by-side, single-wheel unimotorcycle drag racing.
- Awesome kidzone with a super-thrilling zip line, Zorbs – the Human Hamster Ball race track, a bungee jump, climbing wall, wild and wacky waterballerz, giant rock slide and obstacle course, henna tattoos, face painting, caricature art, dancing party puppets and a remote-controlled NASCAR race track.
- Live music featuring The Ray Charles Project fronted by 11-time Grammy winner Tony Lindsay, Wavelength: A Tribute to Van Morrison lead by talented Irish troubadour Kevin Brennan, and the Andy Santana Band.
- Fabulous food and delicious drink with a custom cocktail and beer just for the show – The Aviator, a refreshing gin cocktail and Bloody Mary’s from Half Moon Bay Distillery and Classic Motorhead Ale – from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company plus tasty varietals from Barterra Winery.
- Half Moon Bay Pilots Association Saturday Hangar Dinner at the Andreini Family Hangar (April 25, 5:30 pm) at Half Moon Bay Airport. Tickets are $30 per person, available at the door.
from 29 reviews