Rome, on average, has more than 15 million visitors a year. This app puts you ahead of the curve: restaurants that are worth your Euros, uncrowded galleries, and the best aperitivo in town; it is all here. If you are planning a trip and want to really experience Rome, not just see the Top Ten sites, Insider’s Rome will help you live La Dolce Vita.
This guide is not just for visitors. For you new Romans, Insider’s Rome will help you decide what hangout spot is for you, which market the locals shop at and where to stop for your daily gelato fix. Use this guide like a private tour guide. If you buy this app once (for less than the price of a glass of wine) you'll get free updates; new finds and favorites are added all the time!
Insider’s Rome includes 224 total entries with:
- 2549 total photographs
- FREE places to see Rome’s rich history
- Wine bars
- Shops and markets
- Restaurants, trattorias and eateries - for all wallet sizes
- Hotels & B&B's to help you choose where to stay in Rome
- A free WiFi category, helping you spots where you can surf the net for free
- Entries dedicated to the best museums, art galleries, and churches
- The best (not the most famous!) gelaterie in Rome... you should never have to go long without gelato in Rome!
- Hundreds of links with history, facts, and articles for the culture junkie
- Links to dozens of recipes so you can try to replicate what you ate on your trip
- Approximate taxi fare from your location to your destination
- Where to relax and pamper yourself (this is a vacation, after all)
- Where to find English speaking doctors and pharmacies
- Hyperlinks connecting entries
- Sort by name, distance, price and neighborhood
- The coolest bar in town-- literally!
- The best art: Caravaggio, Michelangelo & Bernini
This guide will help you:
- Cut the Colosseum lines
- Tell if a gelato is made with real and fresh ingredients
- Order an espresso like a local
- Not get ripped off by Rome’s notorious cabbies
- Get free water everywhere in Rome
- Score free food during aperitivo
- Order (and find food!) if you're a vegetarian or a vegan
- Find off the beaten path boutiques for interesting shopping
- Join exclusive party listings
- Find the most beautiful art, minus the hoards
- Learn to cook Italian food (ravioli from scratch!) and to distinguish Italian wines
★ About the Author ★
Flaminia Chapman has lived and worked in Rome for the past seven years as a private tour guide. She was born in Texas to an Italian mother and American father and was reared splitting her time between Rome and Texas. After finishing university and working in China and New York City, she moved to Rome full-time. For the past four years, she has also been a travel consultant, helping travelers get the most out of their time and money in Italy.
The goal of this app is to suggest sites, restaurants, and shops that have uniqueness, charm, and excellent service. She hopes her suggestions help you to navigate the exciting, bustling, ancient city of Rome and to have wonderful experiences that do not exhaust your energy or patience.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com