Share Where - Location Sharing
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- There are other alternatives
Let you know your friends and family about your location
Share Where - Location Sharing is an application that allows you to share your current location with anyone you'd like. This can be useful in several situations and especially for kids and elderly people. Also, don't hesitate to use it in dangerous situations.
The app presents a widget that is created to write a predefined message, select your chosen recipients, the mail or phone number and even set the timer. When you use the button, the location will arrive in form of a link to Google Maps, that is, in the easiest possible way.
Ola Bjuremo is the developer of this application available in several languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish), the perfect app for letting know where you are when needed. Easy to use and simple.
It also includes a home screen widget that allows you to send a predefined message together with your location to multiple recipients via email/SMS or any of your apps with just the click of a widget.
The location is presented as a link to Google maps.
There is no need to register to any community to share your location and the recipients don't have to use any other apps than email, sms or a web browser.
Share Where is currently available in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
• Let your children use it to update you regarding their current location.
• In case of emergency, you can send a predefined message together with your location with just a click on the widget.
• Set up automatic location replies to certain text messages from trusted people. Great if you want to know your children's location by just sending them an SMS.
• Send an SMS with a secret phrase to your lost phone to get it's current location.
• Schedule repeated messages to regularly inform someone (for example someone who is expecting you to arrive) about your current location. (Pro version only)
• Set a timer that will send your location in a specific time unless you cancel it. Great when walking alone late at night or when doing extreme sports like mountaineering.
On Android 4.2 or higher the widget can also be added to your lock screen.
Share where is very battery efficient and runs only when sending messages. No battery draining background processes are running.
If you want to use your default Gmail account for sending emails without having to enter your password, just create an app specific password. The procedure is described here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
The lite version contains ads and is limited to maximum 2 recipients. In the Pro version you can also share a location message with any other app (like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, MSN etc)
*** There is a bug in some versions of Google Maps for Android that formats the input coordinates incorrectly. This is depending on your device's language setting. It works for English, but fails for some languages. If the Google Maps app isn't able to open the link, open it with your web browser. ***
keywords: widget, location, sms, email, position, emergency, GPS, gmail, geocaching, maps, personal safety alarm, SOS, ICE, messaging, security, tracking, share my location
- Translated to Dutch.
- Bug fix
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
This is an excellent app. I work in a dangerous area. This only uses resources when needed. No data connection needed just standby GPS. Any phone can get my location if I want. Smartphone or not. It can reply with maps link a nd actual address.
Confusing and worthless
NEED ONLY ONE CLICK TO DO YOUR JOB. EXCELLENT !!!!!!!
The best of its kind