10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
• 6 specially optimized GPS modes to reduce battery drain
• upload to OpenCellId.org project
• export to SD card as CSV or GPX
• built-in help in all supported languages
• ad-free, forever!
The OpenCellID.org project goal is to create a worldwide open source database of mobile cell locations. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading cell towers' locations from your area. Collected data can be used to quickly locate devices without enabling GPS.
Please help me translate it to other languages, visit http://i18n.zamojski.info/
This application does not collect, store or send any information which can be used to directly identify user, device which is being used or any other personal information.
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUEST VIA EMAIL PLEASE.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - to read GPS location and cell details.
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check network type.
• INTERNET - to upload measurements to OpenCellID.org database.
• READ_PHONE_STATE - to read mobile network and signal strength changes.
• WAKE_LOCK - to keep screen on while collecting as workaround for cell not updated issue on some devices.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to export measurements to file on SD Card.
OpenCellID, GSM, UMTS, LTE, CDMA, GPS, CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC, Location Area Code, Mobile Country Code, Mobile Network Code, cell tower, BTS, Node-B, base station, signal, latitude, longitude, provider, operator, open source, locations, localization, positioning, coordinates, GPX.
Tags: cell id collector 1.0.2, mobile tower collector, source code opencellid, tower signal bts.
• Added new statistics - discovered (unique) cells and total number of measurements within certain period.
• Added Dutch language. Thanks to Heber Dijks :)
• Fixed GPX file generation for locations with altitude higher than 1000 m.
• Fixed database upgrade message not shown on first startup after update.
• Improved invalid cell and location collector filters.
• Removed lots of legacy code - smaller installation package.