Experience Stratford Ontario – Canada’s Premier Arts Town
The Visit Stratford is your free guide to things to see and do in our charming Victorian city located 90 minutes west of Toronto and few short hours from the U.S.
One of the first things people notice about Stratford is the beauty. A magic surrounds you as you wander 19th century streets framing a river set with swans and renowned gardens - Stratford is meant to be strolled and to be savoured, how civilized!
There is a beauty at dusk in the mingling of a black-tied theatre crowd anticipating a thrilling performance. Of being part of a bustling restaurant, scented by a master chef's menus created with ingredients picked only hours ago, from a few miles away. Discover that perfect picture, bowl or curio in our one-of-a-kind boutiques. Linger over an afternoon Americano at a café while watching the world glide by. Enjoy the scene with actors, musicians and designers - most of whom call Stratford home - in the after-theatre buzz of a patio, bar or bistro. And stroll to bed in a four-poster of an elegant heritage inn.
Created specifically for people on the go, you can plan for your Stratford getaway ahead of time or use it as your guide throughout your visit with us. Our Personal Guides have ideas on how to plan your visit customized to your interests. We feature a large selection of things to see and do including concerts, events, festivals and special attractions. You can browse places to stay from elegant hotels and intimate inns to comfy bed and breakfasts in luxurious heritage mansions. Savour the creative talents in our restaurants, ranging from those for the family to elegant fine dining for couples.
• No WiFi, internet or roaming required, our guide is designed for offline use
• Things to see and do: A selection of performances, events, shows and other happenings in the upcoming week.
• Suggested day trips: 13 itineraries designed around specific interests from “I like art” to “I like budget travel”
• Accommodations: Over 80 places to stay ranging from hotels to inns to bed and breakfasts
• Dining: Choose from places to eat in 7 categories including by Gourmet Grazing and Cafe Society
• Shopping: Help you locate some of our best one-of-a-kind eclectic boutiques
• Nightlife: Find the hot places to chill with the live music scene
• Search for places nearby and create your personal itineraries
Come discover Stratford. One of North America’s great arts towns. Leave revived.
from 2 reviews