Discover Local Stories
Tuhura is the ultimate New Zealand travel app – see local New Zealanders tell the stories behind New Zealand history and culture in their own words.
Tuhura Wellington focuses on the people and places of Wellington, renowned for its picturesque city, food and friendliness.
By watching short (around 90 second) film clips, you’ll discover the stories behind:
• Wellington’s best tourist destinations,
• the best things to do in Wellington,
• Māori and European history,
• Wellington’s unique culture and
• famous people from Wellington.
• our stories and Māori legends’
• our unique Māori and European culture’
• our historical events, and
• our famous people.
• The Harrowing Wahine disaster,
• Te Papa - guardian of New Zealand’s History,
• Wellington Botanic Gardens,
• Parliament Precinct – the home of Government,
• much more.
Tuhura becomes your very own Wellington tour-guide, connecting you with the real New Zealand and background stories even the locals don’t know about.
An innovative first, Tuhura’s extensive catalogue of Wellington tourism film clips are arranged by GPS location. That means, as you are travelling through the Wellington region of New Zealand, you can view a short video and hear the background stories relating to the history and culture of nearby tourist sites.
And, for those who would prefer to discover Wellington from the comfort of a hotel room, campervan or café, clips are also arranged according to region and subject matter.
Extra Wellington tourist features include:
• free GPS linked maps help you find the top Wellington tourist sites,
• up-coming events throughout Wellington, and
• special offers to some of Wellington’s best tourist attractions.
Don’t go home regretting that you missed out on some of the best things to do in Wellington, and on discovering the events and people that shaped New Zealand.
Download the Tuhura Wellington tourist app. today – available in iPhone, Android, iPad, and Tablet formats.
• due to film licensing agreements, some video content can be viewed only from within New Zealand
• to avoid international roaming charges, purchase a SIM card from a New Zealand digital store, , supermarket, I-SITE, or similar outlet
Click here for the full version of Tuhura.