AlpineQuest GPS Hiking
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Psyberia
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
Save and retrieve landmarks, share them with your friends. Track your path, get advanced statistics and interactive graphics. You won't have anymore questions about what you can accomplish.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...
Don't hesitate, try the free Lite version right now!
Note: IGN Top25(c) and OSGB Explorer(c) maps are available in the old MemoryMap(c) QCT format, but NOT included with the application.
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum: http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered).
Do not use comments for that: we cannot answer!
Key features are:
★★ Maps ★★
• Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers (road names and hills shading);
• Get more online maps and layers in one click from the included community map list (Nokia maps, Yahoo! Maps, local topo maps, ...);
• Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
• On-board offline maps support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible, test your maps using the free version first);
• Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
★★ Landmarks ★★
• Save, restore, display unlimited number of waypoints;
• Full GPX support (display/browse/create/edit of waypoints, routes and tracks);
• Google Earth KML/KMZ, OziExplorer WPT Waypoints, CSV/TSV files and Geocaching LOC files read/import support;
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes, tracks and areas creator;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
★★ GPS Position / Orientation ★★
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass and target finder;
• Built-in GPS/Barometric Tracker (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Proximity alerts and leave path alerts;
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
★★ And more: ★★
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
• GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB Grid, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from http://www.spatialreference.org;
• On-map grids display;
• Full screen map view;
• Multi-touch zoom;
About the "Phone state and identity" Android permission: due to the backward compatibility of AlpineQuest with Android 1.5, this permission is automatically added by Google Play.
Tags: alpinequest, alpine quest, alpinequest maps, alpine quest apk, alpinequest gps hiking, alpinequest manual, alpine quest gps hiking, alpine quest gps, hiking, offline gps hiking.
• New "Landmark file" able to contain all other existing types of landmarks;
• Searched locations (by name or coordinates) are saved locally and can be edited like any other landmarks;
• Pictures of waypoints are now exported in KMZ files and can be displayed in Google Earth;
• New offline mode to force the application only use stored data of maps;
• Added ability to edit the coordinates of an existing waypoint;
• New Google Public Transport layer;
• and more...