The war (1861-1865) left a legacy throughout the United States, often in places you wouldn't expect. America's National Parks and public lands preserve and interpret these stories for travelers from the East to the Western Plains. Step onto the Battlefields, visit the graves of the fallen, experience life on the Homefront, and learn of the Civil Rights struggles from the Civil War era and beyond from the people who experienced it.
* Use this app to plan your travel experience by downloading content for the region you wish visit. Receive content updates as they are made available. Once downloaded, content is viewable without an Internet connection.
* View descriptions and photos of Civil War sites.
* Find nearby driving routes designated as America's Byways.
* Locate sites on a map. (Requires Internet connection)
* Easily contact local organizations for more information.
About America's Byways®
America's Byways is the umbrella term used for marketing the collection of 150 distinct and diverse roads designated by the U.S. Secretary of Transportation. America's Byways include the National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads.
America's Byways are gateways to adventures where no two experiences are the same. The National Scenic Byways Program invites you to come closer to America's heart and soul...
Tags: america's scenic byways, byways.
This is the initial public release with content available for two regions:
* Mid-Atlantic (North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania)
* Western Plains (Colorado, Kansas, Missouri)