Central America Topo Maps Pro
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By ATLOGIS Geoinformatics oHG
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Free bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (not for Google and Bing maps)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• and many more ...
Available map layers:
• Topo maps 1:50.000 and 1:250.000 with seamless coverage for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua. Belize, Costa Rica and Panama are covered with 1:250.000 topo maps.
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google or Bing maps
On the 1:50.000 maps you'll find many small roads, pathes and 4WD tracks that are not included in Google, Bing or OpenStreetMaps. The topo maps have a very detailed topography with contour lines. There is no other online mapping service/app available that gives you more detailed geographic features like rivers, lakes, hills, vegetation, villages, etc. for this region.
The topo maps layer is a seamless mosaic of more than 1000 georeferenced maps. Although some of the maps are quite old (production range of the maps is 1955 - 2006) they are still very good for outdoor trips, especially if you are looking adventurous routes or abandoned places. Most maps of Guatemala are quite up to date (mostly created in the 90ies) while maps of eastern Nicaragua were created in the 60ies/79ies. Within the app you can open an overview map with the publishing dates of the maps.
In larger cities you'll find it more usefull to switch to Google or OSM maps but in the backcountry you will recognize the relevance of large scale topographic maps.
The 1:250.000 maps are JOGs (Joint Operations Graphic) which represent a medium scale map intended as both a topographic and an aeronautical chart.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service.
The topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis® hillshading and placenames.
Original publisher of the 1:50.000 topo maps : United States NGA (National Geospatial-Intelligence), NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency), DMA (Defense Mapping Agency)
Original publisher of the 1:250.000 topo maps: US NGA/NIMA JOG (Joint Operations Graphics)
Please send comments and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: contorno de america del central, cartografia de r y lagos de guatemala, gis central, mapa de america central y sus r, contorno de america central, la silueta del mapa de america y sus r mapas, america central contorno sin nombres, mapa de centroamerica y las líneas, mapa de america central n6, central america topo maps pro.
• Colors & Styles Preferences
• Follow Position using network/gps locations (without recording a track)
• New Waypoint Overlay
• Workaround for KitKat SD-Card write restriction