500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Real-time view of flight positions all over the globe
- Point your device at a flight to get info
- Comprehensive data about flight specifics
- Slightly annoying to have IAP in a paid app
Real-time moving planes on a map, including comprehensive flight/aircraft information
I will admit it: I didn't think Flightradar24 Pro was going to be all that cool. But some kind of latent aviation nerd was awoken upon seeing the flights displayed like ants on the global map, inching their way between ports. It's all real information, and it's really cool.
Airplanes transmit information that can be picked up by ground stations; the app puts this info into the palm of your hand. Find a flight that looks interesting on the map and tap it, or point your device at the sky to ID a metal bird in passing. Find out where it's going and when it will arrive, plus info about the kind of aircraft, its current speed and altitude, and a high-res image of the plane. Check out what the pilot's seeing in real-time and 3D!
If you're interested in a specific plane, you can search for it using its flight number, airline, or port of departure/destination. Track grandma as she flies to your house for Christmas.
There are a couple extra features available for in-app purchase, like setting up alerts on specific flights.
The Pro version of Flightradar24 is absolutely worth buying for aviation enthusiasts. The tech is amazing and the app is really well designed.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 the #1 selling app in 25+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of March 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
- Performance improvements
- New setting to control number of visible aircraft
Completely revised the ‘Arrivals boards’ in-app by adding departures. Now you can turn your device into the arrivals and departures board for any major airport.
- Support for Android 2.3+ devices
- Added more aircraft type icons, ground vehicles and helicopters for all users plus AN225 and Beluga/Dreamlifter for users with "Aircraft icons" in-app
If you like the new release, feel free to write a review.
kame3...can you explain more what you did? Thanks!
fantastic app .. works great on the galaxy apollo and works great in scotland ..looking forward to the next update ..see what great things are in store
Impossible to track a flight if you navagate away from the app. I just wanted to watch my wifes flight in realtime. Has potential, needs a developer.
This app is worth every penny,it's very user friendly and it's about 1 minute off of realtime flight data. I live right next to an airport and this app helps in tracking where friends and family are in flight with on time arrival and departure.
Another great Time taker
Having paid for the app, was disappointed that most of the menu options require additional puchases to function. Feel a bit mugged.