100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Whereis own update map database
- Well-crafted graphics
- Keeps tracking when calling or texting
- 7-days trial premium features
- Requires connecting to Telstra Network (free)
+ By Garmin
Garmin Navigator brings popular nüvi® navigators technology to Android devices
First off, you should know that Garmin Navigator requires the Telstra NextG network to run. This means that you can’t use your own 3G or WiFi connection to run it. It connects you to that network with no data charges.
It can seem that Google and its navigator is the only way to get driving directions on our Android. However, there are lots of developers that have been working hard on GPS market for a long time. Whereis is one of them. With Garmin Navigator they bring their knowledge of the market to the Android platform.
Garmin Navigator allows users to get accurate driving and walking directions that track progress on maps. Maps that are updated constantly from Whereis database. Although interface can seem weird at first sight (if you’re used to GMaps), Gamin’s scenery really helps navigation. If you receive a call while navigating it keeps tracking your route.
This free version is, in addition, a 7-days trial of premium features like voice-guided Garmin navigation, 3D junction views with lane guidance, multi-route trip and even live traffic updates (among other many other).
Despite its pricing for premium features and its Telstra network policy, Garmin Navigator is one of the best GPS apps you can find on the market. Recommendable.
FREE features include:
- Driving and walking directions that track progress on a map
- Always up-to-date maps for Australia with millions of included points of interest
- Navigate to addresses in your Contacts
- Continues navigating while you make and receive calls, etc.
- No data charges after downloading the app if you’re on the Telstra network and no ads
- Experience premium features for the first 7 days for free with no obligation to subscribe
Premium features (see Pricing below):
- Arrive at your destination with ease, with accurate turn-by-turn voice-guided Garmin navigation
- 3D junction views with lane guidance
- Multi-route trip planner and via points to add stops while en route
- Aussie pronunciation of instructions and street names
- Live traffic updates, flight information and detour button to get around roadblocks and congestion
- Speed camera and red light camera alerts
- Speed limits for most major roads, with speed limit warnings and Estimated Time of Arrival display
- Check in to Facebook® and Foursquare® on arrival and explore your city with integrated Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations (data charges apply)
- 3D buildings and landmarks to aid navigation
- Avoid tolls, unpaved roads, highways, and major traffic events
- Personalised navigation with free voices and vehicles from the Garmin Garage
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation with train, tram and ferry routes in capital cities
Subscribe in-app to premium feature offers exclusive to Telstra Next G® customers:
• 24 hour pass ($1.95)
• Monthly subscription ($7.95), first month FREE for new customers
• 12 month pass ($69.95), save over 25% versus 12 x monthly payments
Post-Paid customer charges are included on your Telstra bill. Pre-Paid customer charges are deducted from your account balance.
Terms & Conditions can be found here: http://telstra.com.au/customerterms/home_mobile_dataserv.htm.
Data charges may apply for downloads from App Store, and when using Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations.
Your subscription to this service will continue automatically unless you cancel it by selecting My Account from General Settings, pressing the manage button, and cancelling your renewing subscription. You will continue to have access until the renewal/expiry date.
Please note that restrictions on driver use, including specific restrictions on L and P plate drivers, exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a registered trade mark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Foursquare is a trademark of Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Version 9.1.4 includes the following improvements over 9.1.3:
+ Bug fixes related to Android 5.0
Version 9.1.3 includes the following improvements over 9.1.2:
+ Bug fixes related to Glympse and Twitter
Version 9.1.2 includes the following improvements over 9.0.1:
+ Updated Foursquare API version
+ Bug fixes
Version 9.0.1 includes the following improvements over 8.7.1:
+ Icon Refresh
+ Last Mile Navigation
+ Where Am I?
+ Customizable Speed Alert
Stupid application, I dont know which is the phone that is supported by this app.
I have Samsung S4 and Note 2 and now LG G2.
I managed to download the application, I'm from Venezuela
Why to waste money guyz just install Wisepilot for XPERIA
am using maps are superb clarity with gps
Ñ…ÑƒÐ¹Ð½Ñ, Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ðº Ð½Ðµ ÑƒÑÑ‚Ð°Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒ...
Can't download even inside smartphone.. Stupid design..Sign in some more,just like a stupid design!!!
I don't need it and itwill not let me delete it!