100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Earth view and zoom-in effect
- Amount of layers
- Database: local info and photos
- Wikipedia integration
- Questionable usefulness if you already have Google Maps
- Lag in some devices
- Drains battery life due to compass and accelerometer
Google Earth for Android is probably the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to visit the most beautiful places in the world.
Thanks to its complete database you’ll get pictures, local info, layers, a 3D view -and much more- of almost any place on earth.
Far gone are the days of Columbus and his caravels: today, exploring the world is as easy as installing Google Earth mobile in your Android device. All you have to do is introduce the name of the place you want to fly to in the search bar and click. You’ll automatically get a real 3D bird’s eye view. Once you are located in the place you were looking for, you can change the layers to get local information on your destination (powered by the Wikipedia and Google Maps database). In addition, if your Android is equipped with GPS, you’ll be able to set your location and search for local services around you. And as if that wasn’t enough, you can also search by voice for the places you want to fly to.
Even though the interface and usability of Google Earth in its mobile version are quite good, we’re missing some extra layers and options. But even if we had them, is it really as useful as it sets out to be? After all, if you’ve already got Google Maps installed on your Android, you can to perform almost all the operations carried out by Google Earth (in addition to the specific Google Maps ones).
Google Earth is one of the star apps developed by Google Inc., the official Android Market provider, responsible of other indispensable Android apps such as Google Books, Google Maps, Gmail or Blogger.
Get Google Earth if you’re looking for a comprehensive app for searching for places, but take into account that almost all its features are already included on Google Maps.
* Fly through 3D cities like London, Tokyo and Rome
* Dive in to view the world at street level with integrated Street View
* Use the Tour Guide to discover exciting new places to explore
* Browse layers like Wikipedia or Photos to learn more about a place
* Visit the Maps Gallery to find interesting maps, e.g. plot real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, view hiking trails and more
Make sure that you check out the in-app tutorial to learn how to navigate like a pro.
What's new in 8.0.0
* Enhanced user interface, menu changes and simplified layers panel with new Photos layer
* Improved styling for roads and labels, smoother transitions
* Support for Google Drive (view KML/KMZ files)
Some lists where this application appears: downloads, gino, Good Stuff, my apps, Android for landmÃ¦nd, mak, Jake's List, geo, Google, ricks, nelaaro, mine, Reviewed by Peter Warrior, my faverate apps, Future Samsung Galaxy Note, Future Samsung S II, Lista completa, All'aperto, Foto e immagini, Nexus 7, Nexus S, Games and Apps, Reviewed by Anna Grace, Tony Gard.
I cannot download Google earth
Can't download, The QR brings me to a window that says "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.google.earth this happens also when I have it sent to my email and I click on the link. JTLYK
I cant find Google Earth in Market by searching or by viewing list.. even i tried to get a download link from Download tab of this page.. that Dont work :( Very disappointed
Samsung Galaxy S/ Android 2.2 / Dhaka, Bangladesh
Does not work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 , the app upgraded and now doesn't work. No stars + undownload.
Baik dan banyak menafaat.
Awzome dnld now