Google Earth by Google Inc.
100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Earth view and zoom-in effect
- Amount of layers
- Database: local info and photos
- Wikipedia integration
- Questionable usefulness if you already have Google Maps
- Lag in some devices
- Drains battery life due to compass and accelerometer
Download Google Earth
Google Earth for Android is probably the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to visit the most beautiful places in the world.
Thanks to its complete database you’ll get pictures, local info, layers, a 3D view -and much more- of almost any place on earth.
Far gone are the days of Columbus and his caravels: today, exploring the world is as easy as installing Google Earth mobile in your Android device. All you have to do is introduce the name of the place you want to fly to in the search bar and click. You’ll automatically get a real 3D bird’s eye view. Once you are located in the place you were looking for, you can change the layers to get local information on your destination (powered by the Wikipedia and Google Maps database). In addition, if your Android is equipped with GPS, you’ll be able to set your location and search for local services around you. And as if that wasn’t enough, you can also search by voice for the places you want to fly to.
Even though the interface and usability of Google Earth in its mobile version are quite good, we’re missing some extra layers and options. But even if we had them, is it really as useful as it sets out to be? After all, if you’ve already got Google Maps installed on your Android, you can to perform almost all the operations carried out by Google Earth (in addition to the specific Google Maps ones).
Google Earth is one of the star apps developed by Google Inc., the official Android Market provider, responsible of other indispensable Android apps such as Google Books, Google Maps, Gmail or Blogger.
Get Google Earth if you’re looking for a comprehensive app for searching for places, but take into account that almost all its features are already included on Google Maps.
* Fly through 3D cities like London, Tokyo and Rome
* Dive in to view the world at street level with integrated Street View
* Use the Tour Guide to discover exciting new places to explore
* Browse layers like Wikipedia or Photos to learn more about a place
* Visit the Maps Gallery to find interesting maps, e.g. plot real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, view hiking trails and more
Make sure that you check out the in-app tutorial to learn how to navigate like a pro.
Google Earth Videos
What's new in 8.0.0
* Enhanced user interface, menu changes and simplified layers panel with new Photos layer
* Improved styling for roads and labels, smoother transitions
* Support for Google Drive (view KML/KMZ files)
Some lists where this application appears: downloads, gino, Good Stuff, my apps, Android for landmÃ¦nd, mak, Jake's List, geo, Google, ricks, nelaaro, mine, Reviewed by Peter Warrior, my faverate apps, Future Samsung Galaxy Note, Future Samsung S II, Lista completa, All'aperto, Foto e immagini, Nexus 7, Nexus S, Games and Apps, Reviewed by Anna Grace, Tony Gard.
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Manage the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Perform I/O operations over NFC (Near Field Communication).
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.google.android.portable.permission.READ
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 22.214.171.1241 released on 05/12/15.
- UpdatedNew version 126.96.36.1991 released on 11/26/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000000 downloads level reached on 04/09/14.
- UpdatedNew version 188.8.131.525 released on 11/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 184.108.40.2061 released on 09/05/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000000 downloads level reached on 07/12/13.
- UpdatedNew version 220.127.116.111 released on 05/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 18.104.22.1683 released on 05/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 22.214.171.12427 released on 02/21/13.
- UpdatedNew version 126.96.36.19921 released on 12/19/12.
- UpdatedNew version 188.8.131.5203 released on 12/13/12.
- UpdatedNew version 184.108.40.20639 released on 11/02/12.
- UpdatedNew version 220.127.116.1177 released on 10/11/12.
- UpdatedNew version 18.104.22.16886 released on 06/27/12.
- UpdatedNew version 6.2 released on 03/15/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000000 downloads level reached on 11/26/11.
- UpdatedNew version 6.1 released on 10/12/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0.2 released on 07/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0.1 released on 05/12/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0 released on 05/05/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2.2 released on 02/24/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2.1 released on 12/22/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2 released on 12/16/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1 released on 08/23/10.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. >250000 downloads level reached on 08/17/10.
- NewFirst appearance on 03/10/10.
Displaying 4 of 26 - show all
I cannot download Google earth
Can't download, The QR brings me to a window that says "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.google.earth this happens also when I have it sent to my email and I click on the link. JTLYK
I cant find Google Earth in Market by searching or by viewing list.. even i tried to get a download link from Download tab of this page.. that Dont work :( Very disappointed
Samsung Galaxy S/ Android 2.2 / Dhaka, Bangladesh
People can us this to find you
Google Earth will not work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.Have tried uninstall and reinstall but after starting to load I get a black screen.It will find places, but will not show them, it is as though it is runnining in the background, but does not show them , PLEASE FIX......DAVE.H