GPS Status & Toolbox
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Really works: features that boost your GPS performance
- Regular improvements by A-GPS updates
- There isn't screen widget
- Layout could be improved
GPS Status & Toolbox will boost your GPS performance
Is your GPS taking too long to set your current location? or maybe your GPS isn't as accurate as it should be?
GPS Status & Toolbox came up to solve that annoying situation. It displays your GPS and sensor data. It truly enhances the speed and accuracy of the signal of your device's compass.
It contains a compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, and many other internal features that really make your GPS work properly, as it should does. What's more, by download A-GPS data regularly, new improvements will be set in your Android, for even a better performance.
We've too say that it seems unbelievable, but it really works. We've tested it on Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD and Galaxy Tab. Eclipsim who's its developer has done a great job with it, and we encourage him to keep it up.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
- FIX: Resolved issues with GPS detection.
- NEW: On Android 4.1+ the notification can be hidden temporarily using a notification action. (It is still possible to disable the whole feature in the app settings.)
- PRO: Downloading aGPS data and saving the current position is now available from a notification action.
With this app I don't even need my Garmin 76 anymore.
Runs smoothly. I use it on my Acer Tab at sea. Never had a problem. Thank.
Works good, no errors, does what it is suppose to do
I am so glad that they fixed one of my favorite apps. This makes my road journeys so much easier. Thank you very much.
It does everything I need it to do, and more.