10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
• A zoomable, scrollable map-based display.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in six metro areas (Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls).
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Commercial vehicle restriction information.
• Highway rest area locations on map.
• Real-time updates on road conditions, road work, construction, and road closures.
• List view of incidents, road work, road conditions, and rest areas.
The Iowa 511 app reports information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
Remember, the primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to 511Feedback@dot.iowa.gov.
Tags: iowa road closures app fro, iowa department of transportation, iowa road condition, cedar rapids soundboard.
Version 2.0.1: bug fixes to version 2.0
•Fixed occasional "Loading..." messages that don't disappear
• Fixed problem with displaying rest area data on devices without GPS support
•Added highway rest areas
•Added truck restrictions
•Revised detailed displays for incidents, roadwork, and winter road conditions