MAPS.ME — world offline maps
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Access detailed maps even offline
- Includes locations of interest
- Locate yourself on the map using GPS
- Can't get directions
- Bookmarking and search only in Pro version
+ By MapsWithMe GmbH
Download maps over wifi so you'll have them offline whenever you need them
MAPS.ME — world offline maps is just what it sounds like. Access the world map automatically, and download detailed maps of specific countries as you need them.
One of the issues with the maps app that comes automatically installed on your device is that it gets confused whenever it doesn't have access to 3G or wifi. This app solves that, since you can download a detailed look at any country before you go. It even includes locations of interest, including restaurants, hotels, and shops. It makes use of your device's GPS to locate you on the map, too. Although you won't be able to call up directions like with other apps, it's still far superior to the antiquated paper versions that never fold back up like they should.
Note that you'll need to upgrade to the pro version of the app to get access to the bookmarking and search features.
* Over 6M downloads worldwide
* Top 5 travel apps in more than 80 countries
* Featured in Tuaw, Forbes, TechCrunch
Fast detailed offline maps of all countries of the world. Maps work everywhere, anytime. Internet connection isn’t required.
HIGH LEVEL OF DETAILS
• More details than on the other maps.
• Millions of points-of-interest (POIs): restaurants, gas stations, tourist destinations...
• Up-to-date map data which is added daily by map users worldwide - see http://www.openstreetmap.org
NO INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED
• Maps work when no Internet connection is available.
• No roaming charges when traveling abroad.
• Always know where you are.
• Useful in hometown, indispensable in travels.
• 345 countries and islands. Every place is covered.
• Works even in the middle of nowhere.
• Pay once, use in any location.
• Probably the fastest offline maps ever. Shows map when others don’t.
• Innovative map data compression.
• Maps are impressively small. Save your phone’s memory.
WORTH THE MONEY
• Download any country map for free.
• Pay once, use on multiple Android devices.
• Offline search. Find everything you need of all the objects available on the map.
• Bookmarks. Add any place to the bookmarks list. Then find it easily again and again.
• Export/import of bookmarks. Add bookmarks and tracks from other maps to MAPS.ME. KML/KMZ files are supported.
• Location sharing. Send a pin of any place on the map via e-mail or sms. Share your current location.
• Auto-follow mode. When it is on, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to every request.
Google +: http://plus.google.com/116069636493953875937
3.1.1: Sorry for crashes, folks, we tried to fix them ASAP
We continue perfecting the interface:
* The tool bar on the main screen is now transparent. Now there is more space for the map.
* A higher-contrast interface. The place preview background has changed from green to white, and the text has become easier to read, especially in sunny weather ;-)
Help is available in the app. Detailed instructions and FAQ are in the Settings & More section.
Enjoy your travels!
Really good for urban areas
I really love this Map since it is very detailed and support offline usage (by downloading the offline map database). Very useful indeed ☺.
I used to travel with Google maps before, but now only several selected cities can be saved for offline usage. And on gmap you cannot get object info offline. This map works completely offline, including bookmarks, object information... The only things to improve is to add public transit info and increase stability.
Because this is the paid version, there shouldn't be any need to include the AdMob advertisement library in it...
It's a really good app, i guess it's mostly useful when there is no satellite signal.
používám pro pěší navigaci v cizích městech, a už se mi nedaří zabloudit :-)