Marine Navigator Lite
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Ronald Koenig
* real time positioning (instantly shows vessel's position and course on the chart)
* display of navigational data (position, speed over ground, course over ground)
* distance and bearing calculation
Marine Navigator Lite doesn't come with pre-installed nautical charts. Instead it is able to import BSB/KAP raster navigational charts (see menu->help for instructions). RNC's are available for free at various internet sites:
* http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/index.htm (Suite of NOAA nautical charts that covers the coastal waters of the U.S. and its territories)
* http://www.mar.mil.br/dhn/chm/box-cartas-raster/raster_disponiveis.html (Suite of CHM nautical charts that covers the coastal waters of Brazil and its major rivers)
* http://www.linz.govt.nz/hydro/charts/digital-charts/nzmariner (NZMariner is the product name of New Zealand's Official RNC folio.)
* http://www.openseamap.org (Openseamap charts are based on Openstreetmap data enriched with additional nautical information. The charts cover selected european coastal waters).
If you like Marine Navigator Lite and are looking for enhanced navigational functions check out the full version of MARINE NAVIGATOR.
Tags: marine navigator lite, marine navigator, marine navigator lite apk, bsb charts, bsb kap, kap, marine navigation, marine navigator lite charts, marine navigation apk, marine navigator lite ronald koenig.
* better support of devices with high dpi screen
* better visibility of ship, marker and lines (optimized size, thickness and color)
* updated download link to kap charts for Brazil (CHM)
* hints on how to open menu and import charts (if chart list is empty)
* support of NON-Mercator projections and geodetic correction (if chart was imported with V1.1.0 or later)
* easy upgrade from lite to full version (transferred V1.1.0 charts are fully functional)
* minor bug fixes