Nashville Essential Guide
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Sutro Media
★ Why this app? ★
These listings are jam-packed with essential details, little-known facts and helpful images to help you figure out what you want to see, hear and do while in town. Other guides cover only the biggest name attractions. This app has those, with some tidbits you don’t get elsewhere, plus suggestions for places to go that are off-the-beaten track, such as locals’ favorites for listening to bands and eating fried pickles.
Nashville has largely bounced back and rebuilt since the historic flooding that hit the city in May 2010. However, some venues are still closed, in transition or have moved. This guide is one of the few city guides that has been updated with post-flood logistical details. And, it will continue to be updated as repairs continue. Future updates will include must-see events, day trips, additional art galleries and more.
This easy-to-use, recently updated guide was written by a professional travel journalist who lives in Music City and is not afraid to ask other locals about their favorite secret spots.
★ What’s inside? ★
• Music. There’s no kickback from Google, but, where appropriate, you'll find links so you can download music discussed in the listings. Because nothing puts you in a Music City mood like hearing the strum of a guitar.
• Basics on getting around town.
• Attractions for kids and grown-ups alike, country music fans and those who don’t like the twang.
• Insight on discounted tickets, free admission days and nights and free attractions.
• Suggestions for where to eat.
• Places to rest your head.
• Categories to help you sort and find what’s important to you.
• Quick links to phone numbers and Web sites for more information.
• GPS directions and maps.
• 134 entries with 810 photos to bring them to life.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world.
★ About the Author ★
Nashville transplant Margaret Littman spends her days and nights showing her friends and family the sights and sounds of her chosen home.
When she's not playing tour guide, she's writing travel tips. Her articles have appeared in Wine Enthusiast, The Tennessean, Southwest Airlines' Spirit magazine, and many other publications over the past two decades. She is the author of several guidebooks including The Dog Lover's Companion to Chicago, Little Black Book of Chicago and other paper guides from Michelin and Mobil Travel Guide. She is a Nashville Insider blogger for VisitSouth.com, which offers more must-read tips on the city. She is at work updating the Moon Tennessee guidebook to the state.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of new content and software improvements!