Norwich: Heritage City
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
You can discover historic buildings and places from the map, around your current location, or just browse through the heritage as you wish. When you’re at one of the historic sites, you’ll be able to check-in to receive a badge – visit all the places in that group and you’ll get an extra theme badge! Don’t forget to share your badge awards.
Norwich: Heritage City is ideal for visitors to the city, as well as residents who wish to explore more of their hometown. Whether you use it on the go to discover heritage sites or as a planning tool for your trip to Norwich, the app will help you discover the city’s history and culture. Norwich also has many historical links with the Belgian city of Ghent, Norwich’s unofficial ‘sister’ city, and we’ve provided a taster of some of Ghent’s outstanding heritage sites.
• EASY TO USE – discover Norwich’s heritage from the map, near your current location or just browse the sites as you wish
• DETAILED OFFLINE MAPPING – once you’ve downloaded the app, you can use it when offline, including the street maps, so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• INFORMATIVE CONTENT – find out about Norwich’s heritage sites and plan your visit
• EARN BADGES – gain a badge every time you check-in at one of the historic places, and group badges for the keen explorer!
• SHARE YOUR TRIP – when you’ve checked-in, share your badges with friends to show where you’ve explored!
More historic places to explore and badges to earn will be added regularly, so do check for updates within the app to make sure you’re not missing out!
We hope you’ll enjoy discovering Norwich’s heritage.
The Norwich: Heritage City app is by Norwich Heritage Economic and Regeneration Trust (HEART), a private, charitable company set up to act as an umbrella organisation for all the fantastic and often unknown heritage on offer in Norwich. The app is part of the SHAPING 24 project, a cultural tourism initiative that links together the Norwich 12 - 12 heritage sites in Norwich - with 12 heritage sites in Ghent, and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund from the European Union's INTERREG IVA 2 Mers Seas Zeean Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013.
Tips for use:
Please note that continuous use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. If you have not used the app for 2 hours, the app will reduce GPS accuracy to save your battery. You can also turn off location services for the app within your phone’s Settings and Location Services.
Please note that GPS accuracy can be affected by tree cover, tall structures or within thick-walled buildings.
If you do not wish to receive alerts when near historic places, this can be turned off in the app settings.