Santa Barbara Wine Tour East
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By GeoQuest Technologies
Our companion app, the Santa Barbara Wine Tour WEST, is $1.99 covering the areas of Buellton, Foxen North (Santa Maria), Foxen South, Lompoc, Santa Rita Hills, and The Wine Ghetto.
Those updating from the outdated version covering all of Santa Barbara County can download for $0.99 our new companion edition, Santa Barbara Wine Tour WEST, through Sept. 30th, 2012.
This app pays for itself.
Show this app at selected businesses for 2 for 1 wine tastings as well as restaurant and hotel special price breaks. Your first stop pays for the price of the app.
This self-contained app is like having an unlimited data plan. The custom GPS interactive maps, behind-the-scenes videos, automatic billboards, text narration, slide shows, and picture galleries all run without phone service.
Self-contained custom, interactive GPS maps your location without the need for any cell reception. It’s a double plus, since many areas of Santa Barbara County have spotty cell coverage.
An overview map of Santa Barbara County shows wine areas. Touching an area reveals a blow up map marked with buttons to fine information about tasting rooms, hotels, and restaurants.
Behind the Scenes Videos of select points of interest give you a sampled “flavor” of the business. You get rare chances to “meet” the winemakers and chefs and take them home to introduce to your friends.
While in the map mode self-contained automatic audio billboards trigger announcements about special offers for select wineries, restaurants, & hotels close by.
Narrated Slide Shows gives you the choice of listening to information about select points of interest or reading the text.
Or view Pictures from a gallery at your own pace.
The intent of this app is to expedite your personal treasure hunt for your favorite wines. We do not recommend wines, because everyone’s taste is different and the hunt can be as exciting as the discovery itself.
There are even more features.
• All public tasting rooms are listed in Eastern Santa Barbara County. Presently this is over 70 tasting room/wineries, each of which is marked on our interactive GPS maps. Adding together tasting rooms with restaurants, hotels, markets, etc. there are nearly 90 points of interest.
• Vintner’s Picks helps you find a particular wine. Select wineries have chosen one varietal to showcase out of their many choices.
• Closest Point of Interest in the embedded map mode shows the distance to the nearest wine tasting or select hotels, restaurants, and markets.
• Fun Finds & Info includes: Lavendar Farm, tips, visitor centers, wine trivia, info on grape growing, local history, tastings by appointment listings, coffee shops, ATMs, gas stations, free WiFi listings, and wine trails.
• Select Restaurants, Hotels, & Markets showcase similar kinds of information as do the wineries and tasting rooms. You can find menus, lodging amenities, and market food items to complement a wine picnic.
• Designated Drivers offers everyone in the party a safe day of tasting while someone else does the driving.
• Wine Trails list a cluster of tasting rooms on a convenient route, which can be also found on the embedded maps.
• Traditional Direct Links, aside from the above self-contained features, we provide one touch access to Maps, Web Connects, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and phone calls.
Request: Please contact us directly with constructive suggestions at email@example.com. We at de Vine Apps appreciate hearing straight from the user about anything that needs attention, whether it’s a correction, a new business, or an innovative feature. Thank you.
Cheers to your treasure hunt,
de Vine Apps
Tags: santa barbara vineyards, santa barbara county wine tour east.