Share Where Pro
100 - 500 downloads
- Easy to use
- There are other alternatives
Let you know your friends and family about your location
Share Where - Location Sharing is an application that allows you to share your current location with anyone you'd like. This can be useful in several situations and especially for kids and elderly people. Also, don't hesitate to use it in dangerous situations.
The app presents a widget that is created to write a predefined message, select your chosen recipients, the mail or phone number and even set the timer. When you use the button, the location will arrive in form of a link to Google Maps, that is, in the easiest possible way.
Ola Bjuremo is the developer of this application available in several languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish), the perfect app for letting know where you are when needed. Easy to use and simple.
"Share your exact location with friends and family via Google maps. Lost in the city? No problem. Can't find mom and dad? No problem. You can send a secret pass-phrase to your phone if you've lost it (or if you're wondering where your kids are at, at 11:30 in the evening) to have it send its location back to you. Go pro, and the phone can be set to send its location repeatedly.
BAM Rating 10/10"
Share Where is an easy-to-use app that allows you to quickly share your current location with anyone and everyone.
It also includes a home screen widget that allows you to send a predefined message together with your location to multiple recipients via email/SMS or any of your apps with just the click of a widget.
The location is presented as a link to Google maps.
There is no need to register to any community to share your location and the recipients don't have to use any other apps than email, sms or a web browser.
* Please NOTE: Always enable the GPS on your device before using location sharing apps.
• Let your children use it to update you regarding their current location.
• In case of emergency, you can send a predefined message together with your location with just a click on the widget.
• Set up automatic location replies to certain text messages from trusted people. Great if you want to know your children's location by just sending them an SMS.
• Send an SMS with a secret phrase to your lost phone to get it's current location.
• Schedule repeated messages to regularly inform someone (for example someone who is expecting you to arrive) about your current location. (Pro version only)
• Set a timer that will send your location in a specific time unless you cancel it. Great when walking alone late at night or when doing extreme sports like mountaineering.
• Integrate it with Tasker or Locale via plugins like AutoShortcut.
On Android 4.2 or higher the widget can also be added to your lock screen.
Share where is very battery efficient and runs only when sending messages. No battery draining background processes are running.
The Pro version does not contain ads and supports an unlimited number of recipients. You can also share a location message with any other app (like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, MSN etc)
keywords: location, sms, email, position, emergency, GPS, gmail, geocaching, maps, personal safety alarm, SOS, ICE, tracking
- The app will listen for location updates requested by other apps and, if the accuracy is good enough, store it to use as last known location even if no location provider is enabled or if the signal becomes very bad.
- Possible to create shortcuts both from within the app (using the current setup) and from the device's shortcut list.
This makes it possible to integrate Share Where with Tasker or Locale via plugins like AutoShortcut.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Easy to use to pull or push location info
Other apps will send recipients an actual map image pinpointing the location. People like that kind of visualization.
I actually had installed a "pro" version already after getting it as a free app of the day, but I'm buying this anyway as a token of my appreciation. This is not an app that I need to use regularly, but it's handy to have around, and could be a godsend sh
I can not think of anything else that anybody would want this app to do. I spent a day (I'm an older person with too much spare time) downloading and testing apps for use as an EMERGENCY ALERT and found this app exceeded all expectations. No other app has
This app is of great use.. easy to use and with great features..
Easy to use, does what you want and more.
Wow! I am really impressed with this new app! It is quite handy when you have a teenager who often “forgets” to check in with mom! This little app can be really helpful to parents of teens that go out and about on their own. As parents, we want to