Sygic Taxi Navigation
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- TomTom maps available offiline
- Multiple language support (including voice-guided)
- Intuitive and smooth in-map navigation
- Local info and speed limit camera warnings
- Social features
- A design revamping would enhance its attractive
- Lifetime licenses should be more affordable
+ By Sygic.
A turn-by-turn GPS navigation app with hundreds of high quality maps available even without connection
Sygic is one of the most-known (and downloaded) GPS navigation apps on the store. That's not by chance. It provides a high quality navigation experience thanks to downloadable TomTom maps, language support, voice-guided navigation and amount of extra features.
Sygic offers lifetime licences for different regional maps once the 7-days trial's expired. You can purchase World or regional maps, depending on your own needs. All those maps, voices and extra features can be downloaded to your SD card in order to have full access even when you are offline.
You can easily get directions, design routes and log your travels. In-map navigation is both intuitive and responsive: drag to move the map, swipe the bottom bar to change orientation and pinch in/out to zoom. The maps offer a lot of updated and detailed local info (oil stations, ATMs, restaurants,...) as well as speed limit and speed camera warnings.
One of its strongest points is "My Community", a social layer that would encourage you to recommend the app to you friends since it allows to message friends as well as to share events and locations.
Sygic's interface is simple yet neat and polished. A design revamping would enhance its attractive, as well as more affordable fares for lifetime licenses and extras (HUD, voices...).
Regardless, the app is fully functional and works smoothly. Highly recommended.
- Voice guided navigation for taxi drivers
- High quality maps stored on device – internet is not needed
- Taxi lanes for navigation in city centers
- House numbers for door-to-door navigation
- Speed profiles to avoid jams in peak times
- Real-time traffic as in-app purchase (online feature)
- SDK API interface for integration with 3rd party apps
7 DAY TRIAL
- Try 7 days for free, full license available in Sygic Store
Maps available: Europe, USA, Canada
- Free map updates for 3 years
- 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
SAFETY AND USER COMFORT
- Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
- Three Alternative Routes to choose from
- Dynamic Lane Guidance to know the right lane
- Speed Limit Display and Speed Camera Warnings
- Sharp Curve Warnings for added safety
- Notification of Upcoming Speed Limit Change
- Avoid Toll Roads on part or on entire route
- Customizable navigation screen
- Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
Sygic | Bringing life to maps
-Next turn notification is provided sooner
-Reaching the destination on the passenger's side of the vehicle
-ETA displayed in the time zone of destination
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Navigation is metric and no voice search.
It is doing the job
The overwhelming amount of not so pertinent options creates a bit of visual clutter and the "navagate to... " interface is to over embellished. I need to fill in the state, township, street number, road name, ALL on separate lines, not user friendly. With Google Maps on the other hand I hit the search box and voice text what I want and is perfect. All one line. FREE. Plus option to download off
Ridicolous routes or absolutely unuseful. It's crashing frequently on my Samsung s4mini. When I try to reach very important destinations (Institutions or Company headquarters in full downtown, it's displayng the following messages: "Route calculation has failed: other error " or "Route calculation has failed: other error ". I live in Rome (Italy) and using this app it'impossible to calculat
Lagdia air port ny ny