TalkingPlaces - updated
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Zdenek Papez
Talking Places is an accessible Android application developed by Zdeněk Papež as a diploma thesis at Czech Technical University in Prague in 2011. The application was designed for visually impaired people, providing them with information in surroundings. The application was successfully tested on blind users.
The application is fully functional for sighted users as well.
* uses Android accessibility to provide feedback for visually impaired people (works best with TalkBack, KickBack and SoundBack accessible services installed)
* provides localized (GPS) about points of interest in the surrounding
* communicates with OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Panoramio to retrieve data
* enables filtering, sorting
* filtering by current street
* includes virtually tactile map of places in an accessible MapView?
* search by name
* easy to ask for walking directions (uses Gmaps)
See project's website at:
Tags: talking places, тема london на андроид, talkingplaces, thesis weather updates, weather lication thesis, talking places is an accessible lication developed by zdeněk papež as a diploma thesis, kickback successfully updated.
* navigation connected to Google Navigation application
* this version will be available for future updates (I am not able to maintain updates on the original version!)
* bug fixes