• 6 specially optimized GPS modes to reduce battery drain
• upload to OpenCellId.org project
• export to SD card as CSV or GPX
• built-in help in all supported languages
• ad-free, forever!
This application works ONLY on the GSM and UMTS based networks, no CDMA support!
The OpenCellID.org project goal is to create a worldwide open source database of GSM cell locations. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading GSM cell towers' locations from your area. Collected data can be used to quickly locate devices without enabling GPS.
Available in: English, German and Polish. Please help me translate it to other languages, visit http://i18n.zamojski.info/
This application does not collect, store or send any information which can be used to directly identify user, device which is being used or any other personal information.
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUEST VIA EMAIL PLEASE.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - to read GPS location and cell details.
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check network type.
• INTERNET - to upload measurements to OpenCellID.org database.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to export measurements to file on SD Card.
OpenCellID, GSM, UMTS, GPS, CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC, Location Area Code, Mobile Country Code, Mobile Network Code, cell tower, BTS, Node-B, base station, signal, latitude, longitude, provider, operator, open source, locations, localization, positioning, coordinates, GPX.
Tags: mobile tower collector, source code opencellid, tower signal bts, cell id collector 102.
• Fixed tablets compatibility issues.
• Fixed further tablets compatibility issues.
• Fixed crash when there was nothing to export.
• Improved crash reporting.
• Fixed problem with upload.
• Fixed incompatibility message shown on tablets with GSM module present.
• Added additional fields to uploaded and exported measurements.
• Added reason to export failed message.
• Updated API key registration link.
• Minor internal updates and improvements.
• Fixed crash.