• 6 specially optimized GPS modes to reduce battery drain
• upload to OpenCellId.org project
• export to SD card as CSV or GPX
• built-in help in all supported languages
• ad-free, forever!
This application works ONLY on the GSM and UMTS based networks, no CDMA support!
The OpenCellID.org project goal is to create a worldwide open source database of GSM cell locations. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading GSM cell towers' locations from your area. Collected data can be used to quickly locate devices without enabling GPS.
Available in: English, German and Polish. Please help me translate it to other languages, visit http://i18n.zamojski.info/
This application does not collect, store or send any information which can be used to directly identify user, device which is being used or any other personal information.
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUEST VIA EMAIL PLEASE.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - to read GPS location and cell details.
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check network type.
• INTERNET - to upload measurements to OpenCellID.org database.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to export measurements to file on SD Card.
OpenCellID, GSM, UMTS, GPS, CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC, Location Area Code, Mobile Country Code, Mobile Network Code, cell tower, BTS, Node-B, base station, signal, latitude, longitude, provider, operator, open source, locations, localization, positioning, coordinates, GPX.
Tags: source code opencellid, tower signal bts, cell id collector 102, mobile tower collector.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH UPLOAD PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION INSTALLED!!!
• Fixed problem with upload caused by OpenCellID.org server side changes.
• Improved compatibility with latest OpenCellID.org API version.
• Added support for collecting network type.
• Added option to move the app to SD card.
• Updated external component version.
• Fixed tablets compatibility issues.