Tucson & the Old Southwest
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Sutro Media
Never used a travel app before? It's easy and intuitive. A finger tap on what sparks your interest and Wow! Photos, maps, text, and nitty-gritty info are at your finger tips. And once you download the app, you can use most of it without having to have a wifi or telephone connection.
- Fiestas, festivals & fun events
- Sonoran hot dogs to Southwestern haute cuisine
- Astronomical observatories to zoos
- Costs, hours, phone numbers, addresses, websites
- Day hikes & night clubs
- Museums, art galleries, parks and recreation
- Interactive maps
- Links to hundreds of helpful websites and online info
- 130 complete entries with over 1000 photos
- Day trips to arts communities, caves, ghost towns, and wineries
- Great sort features to quickly find what you want
- 'Comments' button to the author, and for other users to see your words of wisdom
*Why this app is a great deal?*
Buy it once for the cost of a Sonoran hot dog and you can download regular updates and upgrades for free - for life. That means new entries and more photos to look forward to, and current entries will be kept up-to-date as they change hours, costs, or addresses. You'll be using this app year after year.
★ About the Author ★
British-born Rob Rachowiecki spent 15 years traveling the Americas from Alaska to Argentina before settling in Tucson in 1989. A prolific author of over 20 guidebooks covering Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica and the American Southwest for publishers ranging from Lonely Planet to National Geographic, he is now excited to be working with Sutro Media to bring the Tucson region to your iDevice.
This first edition of the app doesn't pretend to cover everything, but it does point you towards an eclectic mixture of must-sees and lesser-knowns. You are encouraged to send comments (right there on every page in the lower right) and suggestions which can be immediately included, and I'll regularly be writing updated, improved editions which you can keep downloading at no extra cost. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Lots of new content and software improvements!