1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Offline maps (if previously downloaded, of course)
- Too focused on online reservations
Perhaps the most comprehensive travel manager
Worldmate is one of the early pioneers of travel managing for smartphones, hence it's likely the one with more available features. The idea is to have in one app everything you might need for your travel, from maps (downloadable to be looked up offline) to hotels and car rentals, all the way up to route managers. The app is pretty focused on reservations, be forewarned.
In exchange, this apps offers a lovely widget so you can look up your schedule (linked to your Google Calendar) from your desktop, options to check the weather and an online library of your past travels.
A highly recommendable app, though you have to dedicate a while to it before leaving, because once you're on the road it's all about offers and maps.
WorldMate automatically organizes your trips, sends you flight alerts*, recommends great hotels for booking, and offers a wide array of other incredible travel services.
Experience the magic of WorldMate! Forward your airline, hotel, car rental, and even OpenTable confirmation emails to email@example.com, and you’re good to go!
• Home Screen - Get all information you need for your trips to make your travel worry-free, just when you need it.
• Itinerary Manager – The WorldMate itinerary stores all the vital information you’ll need for managing, planning and organizing your trip — beautifully delivered and simple to use.
• Share Itinerary Details – Easily share your travel plans with friends and family via Facebook, or a personalized email. Share the entire trip, part of it or real-time Flight Status
• Flight Status - WorldMate will show you the real-time flight status of your flight so you can easily adapt to flight changes.
• Pushed Flight Alerts - Receive automatic notification of delays, cancellations, and gate changes.
• Flight Reminders - WorldMate will send you a flight reminder a few hours prior to departure, allowing you to know in advance if your flight’s gate or time has changed.
• Flight Search –locate the best flight routes based on your destination, even before your agent!
• Past trips - access your entire past trips information from within the app.
• Mapping & Navigation – View your trip items on map to know where your hotel, car pickup or next meeting is located. Need help getting around? Just click on the ‘Get Directions’ icon, and we’ll show you the best routes
• Travel Widget – Quickly view the next item on your trip right from the device’s home screen.
Hotel and Car Booking:
• Hotel Booking – Get the best room available using WorldMate’s exclusive deal search, now including improved filters!
• “Price Alerts” and “Counter Offers” –WorldMate reviews your hotel booking and notifies you of price drops and saving opportunity.
• Car Rental – Reserve a rental car from hundreds of airports worldwide in unbeatable prices.
• Airport Pickup– Don’t feel like driving? Make limo, town car and van reservations with ease. • Express Booking – Make your future hotel bookings quick and simple by allowing WorldMate to remember your payment information.
• Weather Forecast – Know what to pack using compete 5-day weather forecast.
• Currency Converter –Daily Exchange Rate updates for global currencies
• World Clocks - Always get at the right Time to the right Place
“If you are serious about taking control of your business travel don’t settle for less”- TechCrunch
“9 million members can't be wrong. The upgrade to Gold is a one-time fee, not a subscription, and it's a must” – LA Times
“WorldMate is remarkably useful for keeping tabs on a travel schedule” - Engadget
“Best Apps for Organizing Travel Information” – Travel+Leisure
Download the WorldMate App now!
Connect with us:
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Keeping track of all my travel plans is easy
Very convenient travel app.
Closest program to Blackberry Travel i have found.
I use it to store itineraries for my trips. It is an easy way to keep track of details sich as flights and hotels.
I originally had difficulty with the app, but discovered that, duh, I was putting in the password incorrectly. I easily accessed the home screen with all the tools available from the app. I like the design and the array of options as well as travel planning. Very good app. I highly recommend it.
Only wish some of the remarks fields were longer. . Not sure why a remark field would be so short