Advanced video player for Android TV (Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield TV, Sony Android TV) and Google TV.
- One minute setup!
- Optimized for the TV.
- Support for most common file formats: MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, TS, MPTS, WMV, DIVX, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, JPEG (depends on device capabilities).
- Hardware decoding up to 4k on Android TV for compatible devices.
- Grid, list and double list navigation.
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA Push) on Android TV.
- Simple and fast Leanback UI for Android TV.
- Navigation and playback from internal storage, sd cards and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- AC3, EAC3, DTS pass-though on Android TV.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV, MP4 text subtitles. ASS styles are partially supported.
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources.
OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUMS:
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/group/gtvbox
UPnP/DLNA streaming is reported to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server, TVersity, TVMOBiLi, Mediatomb, XBMC/Kodi and Plex Media Server. SRT subtitles are supported when streaming from Twonky (v. 6.0+) and mediatomb. MKV subtitles are supported on all servers (if no transcoding). Covers and sheets are NOT supported for UPnP/DLNA, however ViMu will display covers/thumbnails provided by your server.
UPnP indexing and search feature is proven to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server and Kodi.
If you have no sound while playback, your video file might have unsupported audio track (like DTS).
If some of your files fail to play you can get REFUND for 3 days after purchase.
Officially tested on these Android TV units:
Google ADT-1, ASUS Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield.
Officially tested on these Google TV units:
Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1 (Blu-ray), Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio VAP430 (Co-Star), Hisense Pulse, ASUS Qube
Also known to be compatible with: Netgear GTV100 (NeoTV Prime), Sony NSX-GT1 (Internet TV), LG 47G2/55G2 (3D TV)
Tags: vimu player , vimu player for google tv apk , vimu player 4pda , vimu media player 4pda , gtvbox apk , vimu apk , gtvbox video player google tv apk , vimu player apk , 4pda logitech media server