10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
The Alabama SAF-T-Net® app alerts you to impending weather danger at locations like home, work or your kids’ school, so you can protect your family by knowing what’s coming—up to 15 minutes before the storm hits. It’s also a great year-round weather app, complete with current conditions, forecasts and an easy-to-use weather map with radar, satellite imagery and more.
Choose to receive any or all of these alert types:
• Special Baron alerts for dangerous storms approaching, as well as “twisting” storms that may cause tornadoes
• National Weather Service storm-based warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash floods
• Integrated weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings for up to four locations, including your current location
• Current and forecast conditions based on city, zip code or your current location
• Nationwide radar, satellite imagery, temperature and more
• User-submitted storm imagery to local emergency management offices
• Interactive weather map with pan and zoom
• National Hurricane Center (NHC) track forecast cones
• 3 and 7-day forecasts in both quick view and detailed formats
• National Weather Service county and storm-based warnings on the map
Featuring the Baron Tornado Index
The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado within the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.
Use It Every Day
The Alabama SAF-T-Net app is also a powerful everyday weather app, with nationwide radar, forecasts, satellite imagery, current conditions and more. An easy-to-use slider lets you scan through the next 24 hours of forecasted conditions, so you can see what the weather will be like at times and locations important to you.
***NOTE FOR CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO TEXT MESSAGES, EMAILS AND VOICE CALLS FROM ALABAMA SAF-T-NET: To avoid receiving duplicate alerts from the app and your existing text/email/voice account, please text “stop” to 61872, or log in to your web-based account to disable your current alerts.
Visit the FAQ page at www.alabamasaftnet.com to learn how to disable alerts. It is recommended that you configure alerts in the app before disabling your original account to prevent disruption in alerting service. You can configure your weather notifications in the app by tapping the Alabama SAF-T-Net logo at the top-left of the screen, then tapping “SAF-T-Net Alerts” in the resulting menu tab. Then tap “Settings” at the top-right to set your preferences.
Tags: rodney yawn alabama.
• We’ve improved performance for current conditions, NWS watches/warnings and photo submission
• General performance and stability improvements