The most feature complete northern lights app for Android now has even more features!
- 15 minute updates
- Filter by time (only receive alerts between 8pm and 4am)
- Auto-configure alert levels for your current location
- Europe, North America, Asia, and South satellite images of Aurora activity
- Whole world satellite data of energetic Aurora particles
- Latest solar X-ray image
- Three day planetary KP graph
- Solar wind speed readings
- Space weather alerts from the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
- Ad free!
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
Aurora Buddy Pro can look at the current weather so it will only alert you when the viewing conditions are best - no more being alerted when the sky is too cloudy to see anything! Additionally, Aurora Buddy Pro can use your current location to set the alert level - no more guessing at what level you need in order to see the Aurora!
You can view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas (Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
IMPORTANT: If you use any task-killing software, make sure Aurora Buddy Pro is in the ignore list. Also, always exit the app with the "home" button rather than the "back" button!
Free version here:
NOTE: Weather feature currently unavailable
Tags: aurora buddy pro apk , aurora buddy , aurora buddy pro , auroraalertapps , scanner buddy pro , auroral activity level , star png , aurora buddy pro 1.10 apk , current aurora activity widget