Simple to use map based application visualizing real time full area lightning data provided by the blitzortung.org lightning location network project. The current thunderstorm situation at your fingertips.
- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- for regions Europe, North & South America, Asia, Africa and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project. http://www.blitzortung.org.
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of Australia/South America/Asia/Africa, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Using the GPS location provider in combination with the background service can lead to high battery use. Please use the network or the passive location provider for background operation.
Tags: blitzortung , lightning viewer für , погода , guter gewitterwarner , nz blitzortung , how to use real time radar lightning on the blitzortung map , blitzortung gewitter , blitzortung lightning monitor , gewitterwarner light