EZ Weather Indicator allows the user to select from various day's weather forecasts, then displays the condition in a small yet stylish notification bar icon. Click on the notification to view the full current forecast and a 4-day forecast including:
- Temperature in Celsius
- Temperature in Fahrenheit
- Wind speed/direction
- Cloud cover
EZ Weather Indicator has settings that are configurable by the user, these include:
- Toggle icon on/off
- Toggle start on boot on/off
- Location retrieval method and interval
- Manual location entry
- Forecast day to display
- Weather retrieval interval
If you wish to see a new setting or feature implemented, don't hesitate to email us with your suggestions.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED - This is necessary to allow the notification to restart after the device has been rebooted.
- ACCESS NETWORK STATE and INTERNET - These are required to display ads.
- ACCESS COARSE/FINE LOCATION - These permissions are required to pinpoint the device's location via GPS (fine) and your GSM network (coarse).
- WRITE INTERNAL STORAGE - This permission is required as forecast data is stored in a data file to allow quick and easy retrieval.
How to Use:
1. Configure your preferences in the 'Settings' tab.
2. Use the Toggle Icon check-box in the settings menu to enable or disable the status bar icon and notification.
3. Start on boot default setting is true, disable this to prevent the battery indicator from starting after rebooting the device.
4. Choose a location retrieval method (manual entry, GPS or GSM network).
4a. If manual entry was chosen, enter a manual location. This option will be disabled if manual location is not set. After entering a value and selecting OK the app will check if the value is a valid location.
4b. Select a Location retrieval interval, this is how often the app will check to see if the device's location has changed.
5. Select between Celsius and Fahrenheit, a forecast day to display in the notification icon and choose a weather interval. The weather interval is how often the app will perform a weather update.
Tags: bar clock indicator , ez weather , indicator , ez weather visibility