Hawaii Surf Forecast
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
This not the official Surf News Network app, just one created by someone who loves the ocean hopefully for others who love the ocean.
- View a complete overview of the next few days for swell and wind.
- Easily swipe through pages to find out a more detailed report of the surf for each day or location. Different colors are used to quickly indicate the size of the waves without having to actually read the heights.
- Effortlessly back and forth to retrieve the different tides for a specific location.
- Glance at NOAA Buoy information to find what the latest water temperatures, wave heights, and periods are.
- Quickly call the surf forecast hotline from within the app to hear the most up to date on location reports.
- Automatically update and store the forecast information so the internet is only required when performing a refresh. Useful for several locations on the island with poor service.
- Share all this information with your friends by simply clicking the share icon found in almost every page!
- Save your favorite island and height scale to view the information you want even faster.
Possible future features based upon interest:
- Source code to be published online
- Tide Charts / Improved tide navigation with calendars
- Notifications based upon the forecast (e.g. get notified when the North Shore is over 5 feet in the Hawaiian scale and the winds are less than 25 mph)
- Home screen widgets
- Weather forecasts
- Improved Quick Forecast page
- Notes to allow the user to save information about a specific day to easily pull up later to see what conditions were present
- GPS integration to allow quicker location lookup based on the users location
Contact: Contact me at email@example.com for any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions.
Tags: joshua bossard hawaii, surf news network 日本語アプリ, hawaii surf report noaa, weather/hawaii/fer..
*SORRY FOR THE OUTAGE*
Tides should be back in v1.4g
-Tides are now back. The first refresh may take several minutes, but once that is done you should have tides for all of 2015.
-Some bug fixes from NOAA pages.
-Have to temporarily disable tides for the new year since NOAA does not provide the data yet. Hopefully fix this soon.
-Fixed a bug when upgrading the app causing crashes during refresh.
-Tides partially fixed (no sunrise/sunset)