Get the best of MemphisWeather.net while on the go! Our mobile app features current conditions, pinch-to-zoom StormView Radar, Mid-South satellite, severe weather outlook maps, the acclaimed MWN Forecast, a severe weather reporting tool (#mSpotter), and optionally, StormWatch+ push notifications for automatic alerting of severe weather *anywhere in the U.S.* (NOTE: the addition of StormWatch+ alerts does NOT affect the current conditions or forecast that is available in the app.)
StormWatch+ is an optional premium service that sends alerts whenever severe weather threatens YOUR specific location (not your county) ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. This is accomplished by cross-referencing storm-based warnings (also known as warning polygons) issued by the National Weather Service with up to four (4) locations registered by the user. Push notification alerts are generated if your location is within the polygon created by the NWS. Opening the MemphisWeather.net app will allow you to view your selected location with respect to the warning polygon on a map, as well as retrieve the full text of the alert.
Recently, the three static locations have been augmented with our new "StormWatch+ EnRoute" service, which allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location (even while in the background^^) and alert you when you drive into a warned area!
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are sounding because of a storm headed for your location or if the dark clouds ahead promise severe weather! For less than the cost of a combo meal at your favorite fast casual restaurant, you can have "personalized weather alerts in the palm of your hand!"
* Push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- Winter Storm Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- A suite of Tropical watches, warnings, and advisories (both inland and coastal)
- All updates to these products (expire, cancel, continue, etc.)
* Notifications sent even if app is not running and device is not in use
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Auto-updating list of active alerts, which “roll off” when expired or canceled
* Input up to static three locations, which can be changed at any time and can be set using:
- Current location (as determined by the device GPS)
- City, ST
- Postal address
- Zip code
* Activate EnRoute, which uses your device's location services and/or GPS^^ to actively monitor your location for severe weather as you travel
* Access to full text of the alerts
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status button to disable all notifications (i.e., vacation stop)
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
* Free re-install if the app is deleted
* Multi-device installation with one purchase
When seconds count... StormWatch+ is watching over you.
MWN is provided by the founder of Cirrus Weather Solutions, LLC and a 25-year native of the Bluff City who brings both extensive forecasting experience and a knack for communication and customer service to his followers. Thanks for checking out the MWN mobile app!
^ "Wake-me-up" audio alerts for Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warnings will override a user's vibrate/silent setting, however notifications for other weather alerts WILL NOT.
^^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** STORMWATCH+ IS AN OPTIONAL PREMIUM SERVICE AVAILABLE WITH A ONE-TIME PURCHASE IN-APP. THE COST IS COMPETITIVE WITH ALL OTHER SIMILAR SERVICES AND PROVIDES A SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE TO SIMILAR APPS. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS BASED ON THE STANDARD PRACTICE OF OFFERING PREMIUM SERVICES FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE. **
Tags: memphisweather , memphis severe radar
from 58 reviews