Metam - Aviation Weather/METAR
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Aeroperf
Metam is everything you've wanted for your aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. Finally, with the latest version you can now overlay global METAR data onto maps (Android 3.0 and up only). Quickly see fight conditions are you, display wind speed to get a mental picture of the situation. Two on any airport or days marker to get the full METAR and TAF for that airport.
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.2 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
JEPPESEN WEATHER CHARTS (courtesy of Jeppesen):
* Products: Surface, IR Satellite & Lightning, Icing, Turbulence, High SigWX, Flight Level Forecast
* Covers: Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and Mexico
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport Status, US Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
IATA codes supported: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Tactical Decision Aid (TDA): Displays TAF data in a color coded graphical matrixt
* Six hour METAR history: Show the last six hours of METAR reports
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* Built-in global airport database: Don't know an airport's ICAO code? Look it up!
* Location aware: List airports within 50NM
* Snowtam decoder: Decodes Snowtam codes into plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: Choose your preferred unit
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: to fetch nearby airports and locate you on map (optional).
Read/modify/delete USB storage: required for Google Maps.
Network access/view network connections: internet connection to download data.
Read Google service: required for Google Maps.
Google Play billing: In-app donation (if you choose to do so).
Join the Metam User group community here to help shape the future of Metam:
Feedback or suggestions: email@example.com
Tags: metar taf, metam aviation, metam aviation weather, metam, metar taf decision, aviation wx add, h bar metar.
Version 3.0 Build 148:
Improved: Reworded/clarified some Settings wording.
Improved: Added link to FAQ (Menu > Help, then Menu > Metam FAQ).
Be sure to check out the Metam FAQ: http://goo.gl/VAMzij