NASA Space Weather
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
All data products (cygnets) in the NASA Space Weather application are user selectable, allowing customized display configurations that include only the cygnets of interest to each user. NASA Space Weather App has a catalog of over 200 unique space weather analysis data cygnets ranging from the solar domain all the way to the earth’s ionosphere. A new History Mode allows users to view and animate historical data for each of the cygnets.
Development of the iSWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis) system and the NASA Space Weather Android App has been a joint activity between the Office of the Chief Engineer at NASA Headquarters and the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate and the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard. The iSWA system is located at NASA Goddard.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center is funded by the Heliophysics Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation.
Get information about our app and updates on our Google+ page:
Special thanks to Microtel LLC for supporting the initial development of this app.
Tags: complex weather application, nasa space image, free nasa space pictures earth, nasa weather, space weather, nasa observatory cme space weather simulation tools, cme coronal mass ejection, nasa soft.
Changes for 1.0.1:
* Added support for the action bar on all devices using ICS and Jelly Bean. Fixed the missing menu button on newer Jelly Bean devices (e.g., Nexus 7).
* Added French translations of the menu button text.
* Improved the caching of files for the movie mode in the History activity.
* Miscellaneous bugfixes for reported errors.
* Please contact us if you have any issues or suggestions. If you want additional translations and would like to volunteer, contact us.